First hunt of 2014 finds a spur!

61chip

Elite Member
Got out a few weeks ago to a new site I thought may have had some CW activity. My hunting buddy MoBob and I had a good day. Very muddy that day so only hunted a small area. Now if this snow ever leaves we need to spend some time there! In addition to the spur I found a fired round ball and Bob found several fired round balls, a fired Minnie and an IH penny.

Attachments

• IMG_2014020634767.jpg
    IMG_2014020634767.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 548
Sounds like a great hunt. Congrats on the spur...still on my bucket list.

Love the spur! Great find. Get back to this site as soon as you can and work it hard and slow... should be a lot of goodies there. Best of luck.

Congrats on a cool spur although I don't believe that it's a civil war spur. A neat find either way congrats

Thanks to all for the replies. Anyone else got an idea if the spur is CW? I think it looks very similar to the Leech & Rigdon CS marked spur, but no CS on mine. Also, looks like some shown in Crouch's book, that he labels as Confederate

I was gonna say it looks CS to me. You can usually tell by the square or rounded ends. Yours looks more square, which makes me think confederate. I'm not a spur expert. I've just found a whole one, most of one, and a few pieces here and there. Awesome find whatever it turns out to be.

Great find, Chip. She's a real beauty :yes:

Not sure on the ID. I found a similar spur here in 2012 (not exactly the same) that was attributed to the CS, but was also told it was a civilian issue. :?:

Cya soon,

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom