New Detector Coming Soon

I'm highly skeptical of a "brand new technology" created by a lone individual.

Two of your statements are at direct conflict with each other. You said is had a GB adjust, AND a black sand adjustment??? AND a seawater adjust :?:, then you come back and say its not a beach machine. Thats suspect as well.

If I'm wrong and the next leap forward in detecting tech is about release, I'll be one of the first to buy one. Until then, my money has better uses.

Yup... I met The Lama and his friend a few weeks ago and spent about an hour running the new machine against the SovWOT.

Lama, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this gentleman said he worked for Fisher in years past. Nice guy. He was very excited about his machine which I'll refer to as "The X". Yes, he said it was new technology, not single-freq, not multi, and not PI. And yes, he said his patent should clear any day.

My SovWOT is hip-mounted with a home made CF shaft holding the 15" WOT. The X had a CF shaft with the controls mounted on the handle and lithium batteries that, if I remember correct, dropped down into the upper shaft. I believe it had an 8.5"X11" coil. The X, with batteries, was about the same weight as my CF shaft with the WOT. The controls aren't waterproof, but he said it would be okay if you dropped it in the water as long as you got it out quickly.

I didn't play with the controls... volume, sensitivity, etc. He just set it up and I ran with it. He did mention you can change the hunting frequency, so it leads me to believe The X is capable of multiple frequencies, but can only transmit one at a time.

We focused on a nickel and quarter buried 8"-12" in wet, black sand just outside the water line. We didn't test gold or silver and didn't test the coins with nails or other iron near or on the target.

My SovWOT picked up every target his machine hit, but while I was digging a change in the threshold, The X gave a more clear, repeatable tone. I have a very purposeful slow swing with the SovWOT, but with The X I could swing much quicker and pick up a very noticeable tone over the target. When I slowed the swing speed with The X, it was as if you could hear the target approaching, then becoming louder directly over the target, and then fading as the coil moved away. This made pinpointing off the tip of the coil a little different, but I could get used to it. I did pick up some falsing as I scraped the sand while walking, but I presume this would be remedied by adjusting the sensitivity.

After using OBN's Skullys on the SovWOT for the last five years, I'm very particular about headphones cutting out ambient noise. This was my main complaint with The X. Wind noise, waves, and beach conversations came in loud and clear. I had to focus to hear average targets and it was VERY difficult to hear faint tones.

Overall, The X was a good unit. Light, quickly recognized targets, seemed to filter the black sand well, and good repeatable tones. I'd like to run one for a week to put it through the ringer... test gold and silver, mixed targets with iron, play with the sensitivity, etc. I would also like to experience it with much better headphones.

R5

I also invited Darth Finger but he was having a cocktail party in which he only invited girls,come to think of it i haven"t heard from him since.

Last I saw, he was getting swallowed up...

R5

Jason what i meant was i don"t think he designed it strictly for the beach i remember him saying he did alot of testing in culpepper

i did call you darth you were busy entertaining at your cocktail party which you only invited girls,by the way i hear some members of the transgender metaldetecting club snuck in

Living like a rock star!

IMG_0228.JPG
No cats were injured during the photoshop of this image.

R5

This all sounds interesting but Im the kinda the guy that has to see to believe so I will patiently wait to see if this comes out or not. Thanks.

seems strange it would be available in a couple weeks if the patent isn't cleared though right?

no i meant back in the winter when i first tried it the patents were not done,when i saw him a few weeks ago everything was done he let me and raider 5 each use one that was identical to his,they were clearly production models,he said they were waiting on boxes and maybe manuals.Trust me when i make up stories they contain murder,sex,international intrigue not a metal detector

It isn't...

no i meant back in the winter when i first tried it the patents were not done,when i saw him a few weeks ago everything was done he let me and raider 5 each use one that was identical to his,they were clearly production models,he said they were waiting on boxes and maybe manuals.Trust me when i make up stories they contain murder,sex,international intrigue not a metal detector

by chance a guy named Dimitar is it?

Any idea on a price point yet? Perhaps he could cut a deal for members of this forum, for testing and testimonials :)

Patents are not a secret - submitting an application for a patent makes it a public document. Approval isn’t normally something you would wait for if you are sure your patent application is valid and non-infringing. Your application alone gives you priority and protection.

With this guy’s name or the patent number, you can easily find the application or award.

https://patents.justia.com

Yup... I met The Lama and his friend a few weeks ago and spent about an hour running the new machine against the SovWOT...Overall, The X was a good unit. R5
^^^This was value added. Was thinking it was a story until you chimed in.

...Trust me when i make up stories they contain murder,sex,international intrigue not a metal detector
:clap: :hi5: :thumbsup: :heartylaugh:

Patents are not a secret - With this guy’s name or the patent number, you can easily find the application or award.https://patents.justia.com
Was about to post the same thing. My money is this "model-X" is based on VLF tech, unless it is somehow the mysterious Manta detector which is an alleged PI.

Back
Top Bottom