Why do we have a scuba-detector ?

I will just say this Ring Finders is a contract to find lost stuff. Same thing.

Not really. You have to pay Ring Finders for each city you want to be listed in. Most of them charge. I do not. I also find more than just rings so the ringfinders group is off many folks radars just because of their name.

Not really. You have to pay Ring Finders for each city you want to be listed in. Most of them charge. I do not. I also find more than just rings so the ringfinders group is off many folks radars just because of their name.

I am saying as in so what if you make some side cash for helping people recover things. The divers here at our lake charge a pretty penny. Also I sell most of my gold finds as well. I was more of on your side as it seemed to me Tom was bashing you for making some money. Well at least that is what i get out of his thread.

.... seemed to me Tom was bashing you for making some money. Well at least that is what i get out of his thread.

No. If that is what my Opening post seemed to say, then ... that was not my intent at all.

I was pointing out that when you look down the pages of any md'ing forum's show & tell posts, that the most "fun" readings seem to be the reunion/posse hunts. And was show-casing Scuba as an example of that psychology.

We all like to see other's old coin and ring finds. We all like to show off our latest exploits. Because, sure, we all got into this hobby to "find things". But was just pointing out that we all subconsciously put-more-stock into the reunion stories . And whether or not someone got tipped or paid for that, was not the intent of my post.

If I see someone obviously looking for something I will ask them what they lost and give it a shot for maybe 10 or 20 minutes, really stinks to loose your keys or whatever far from home. If they want to reward me that is their decision.

Back
Top Bottom