No I think I am crazy.....

kozman4907

Elite Member
Ok in the past three years I have gone from a Fisher F2.F75,cz&A Pro, up to include Whites V3i, minelab . I had an Atpro x2 times a coinemaster,mxt,explorer se. I thought I could buy experience and better finds. After spending a !!!! load of money. I have come to the painful realizations:

a) experience and education is the keys to success in this hobby.

b) you can't buy (a).

:no:

All I did was confused the heck out of my brain jumping from machine to machine. So if I could give myself some advise three years ago buy once stick with it and don't get sucked up into thinking your missing good finds becuase you have XYZ machine over PDQ machine!

I can't say I came to this epiphany all alone. I had few old heads at local club beat it in to me...lol :roll:

I agree to an extent, however, had I stayed with my fisher f2, my skill set would have also stayed years back.

Every machine has taught me more about the hobby, hunting styles, and that detectors are TOOLS, each with a strength for a particular site.

I think using multiple detectors has made me better and given me a better understanding of the various technologies. To each his own, but money and upgrading HAS made me a better detectorist and HAS made my skill set larger... and contrary to popular belief that "all detectors find the same things), some machines DO unmask targets better than other and can find targets in areas other lesser machines wouldn't even see...jus sayin

Boy you both have very good points . As for us weekend guys not dedicated to this hobby alone , B cannot buy A . For MDers like ND every Md is a new challenge and learning experience. ,,,,,HH

I can understand you.
Some years ago,as a beginer,I also thought
" the better the Maschine....the better finds":roll:
After awhile I realized location and luck makes the most part of it.
That's why I kept my 2 detectors ,which I bought in used condition,
for years now. With a single gold find of my Tesoro Cibola (Laser Trident 1 the UK Version) I paid for it.
HH
Rammjäger

Buying a new detector is fun, with lots of anticipation of lost treasure found. My brain and maybe yours, wants to convince me that if I buy that new detector, whatever it is, I'll will be able to get down one more inch or get a little better separation and dig WAY MORE COOL STUFF with it. Most recoveries are in the top 6 inches of soil and in reality, you might dig a few more goodies. But spending time learning how to optimally run any quality machine will also get you some of that as well. The reason I hunt is for the joy of being outdoors and I have fun, even if I only find clad, or bullets if I'm relic hunting. You can have the same amount of enjoyment of the hobby with a less than ideal detector, so go out and have some fun with whatever detector you choose.
:mder: :digginahole: argh ! :pirate: :excited: Good luck in your hunt!

Ok in the past three years I have gone from a Fisher F2.F75,cz&A Pro, up to include Whites V3i, minelab . I had an Atpro x2 times a coinemaster,mxt,explorer se. I thought I could buy experience and better finds. After spending a !!!! load of money. I have come to the painful realizations:

a) experience and education is the keys to success in this hobby.

b) you can't buy (a).

:no:

All I did was confused the heck out of my brain jumping from machine to machine. So if I could give myself some advise three years ago buy once stick with it and don't get sucked up into thinking your missing good finds becuase you have XYZ machine over PDQ machine!

I can't say I came to this epiphany all alone. I had few old heads at local club beat it in to me...lol :roll:

Couldn't agree more on this..When I think of all the money I paid the post office alone,I coulda probably bought a new Etrac.
Nothing wrong with trying different machines,my outlook on it was if I bought one for 800 and sold it a month later for 750 I made out,I couldn't rent that machine for 50 bucks a month.
You do reach the end of the road tho,and double back to the ones you liked the most.Very easy to get caught up in the hype of what others are finding using this or that.For me it's not even a matter of a top end machines anymore,location is the key.

Good for you OP! :cool:
Now for phase 2: Zero discrimination.
Don't tell your machine what you want to hear listen to everything your machine is trying to tell you is there. :sun:

I really enjoyed reading this post. I sort of had that mindset, which is why I was looking to upgrade, and I'm sure I will upgrade in the near future, but for now after reading some articles, and this post, I'm just going to run my Xterra 305 in all metal and learn as much as I can with what I find.

Not sorry to say that a better machine can help you find more. Its like racing a car. ... dont show up with a neon when everyone is running a viper.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Also note...

Whatever you want to call it, being...

Hardhead, stubborn, tenacious, perseverance...

There has been many, many, hunts that I wanted to throw in the towel, but I kept on, because I told myself..

I came here to win, and I ain't leaving till I do...

<°)))>{

why you don't have the metal detector you started with?

LoL

I sort of do, it's holding up a picture on my fridge...:laughing:

I did have a 250 for a few months, but I wanted to get wet.. So I ended up with the ATP.. If they made something that was waterproof and better on small gold like chains I'd be all over it...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom