• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Do must of you sell the gold and silver rings you find or keep them.

StoneDef7

Was just wondering when you find gold and silver rings if you sell them for money to further your hobby or if you save them as treasure finds to keep and show people? I think if I ever find gold rings I would sale them to get money.
Thanks

Jewelry means nothing to me, so I will send them in for scrap when I get enough. I have 2 gold rings and probably 20 Sterling silvers as of now.

I have a couple really nice looking ones that I'll throw on Ebay to get more than melt value.

I throw mine in the safe for a rainy day or when I'm in a pinch for money. Thought about selling some on eBay, but between their final value fees and Paypal's fees, it would have to sell for much more than melt before I went there.

However, I do take the value of the gold and silver and I'll use like a "gift card" towards credit towards some new gear. Paid for my AT Pro with gold, silver and clad one year. I say keep the gold and silver.

Cool man. I am wanting to use my Metal Detector I got from my grandpa and find clad and hopefully gold and silver and get an F2. That is my goal.

my only gold ring was traded to one of my coin connections for a bunch of silver dollars. A good portion was stolen when my home was broken into a year ago. The rest are on display in my coin room, although I've been noticing the woman has taken an interest in several lately. lol

When I find a gold ring it'll be sold within hours LOL! I ain't got time to keep that around. I want some ends. :D

If I need the money I sell :) or if someone is offering more than melt and I get a better deal, I sell.

Finds

I find Mainly silver and not much of that! I have found just a few gold trinkets! Gold jewelry I would probably sell, scrap, or trade! Silver I would likely do the same with when I had a bucket full, LOL! GL & HH.....Pat

I am a finds hoarder. I view them as my trophies. I like to take them out now and then to get excited about the next hunt.

Down the line I plan to create a nice finds display, just need to find more stuff to fill it up :lol:

I keep all coins and jewelry and try to make a nice display (my nicer silver coins are under glass for my coffee table) If metals go real high, or I get in a financial pinch, I will sell.

I've sold most of what I've found and used the money to upgrade my equipment and buy more "needed" metal detecting stuff. At the moment my gold rings from last year and the couple from this year are in my safe waiting for the day I decide to upgrade again. And yes the wife always gets first choice on anything I find, but she's only taken 3 or 4 gold rings and a few silver.

I don't wear jewelry. I have the local store buy it off me and reasonable prices. I always check the rate before I go in, just to make sure they are still playnig fair with me.

I did keep the one mens ring with the tigers eye. It was also my first gold ring too.

My gf is a gold lady, not silver, lol. My 3 silver rings remain in my finds collection. I like to take them out and relive my joy when I found them.

Everything I have found is sellable. If I still have it, it's because the value of silver and gold isn't where I'd like it to be for a sale. The only exception is my civil war era US belt buckle. That baby isn't for sale. EVER!!! : )

What is the average price you get for melt on a gold ring? I have 5 mens and 3 ladies gold rings from when my folks passed away years ago. Obviously I'd save their wedding rings but the rest don't matter. Also where do you take them to cash them in?

Not trying to bomb this post, figured price and place is relevant to the thread.

I sell ALL OF IT !!! Im not in this hobby to keep any of this...I enjoy getting out and the thrill of the hunt. After that I sell EVERYTHING on ebay whenever the scrap value of gold and silver is up. It means nothing to me to keep any of this..I guess its a personal preference...HH !!

Back
Top Bottom