A good gold detector

E

ezy48

Hi, I am from Australia and new to this forum. I own a minelab 3500gp and use it exclusively for gold detecting. I have been successful and found quite a lot of gold. I am nearing retirement and want to purchase a second detector for my wife and then travel to remote areas and search for more yellow metal. Nearly every serious prospector in Aust. uses a minelab and they say that nothing else can do the job. Our soils are heavily mineralised. Is there another detector out there that can match minelab for my purpose? I can find nuggets of less than a gram under 3-4 inches of mineralised soil, can anything else do that?

G'day mate ! You have the best right now. If yo can get another one that's the one to get. If not look at the other Minelabs. The company started out in the 80's producing gold detectors and then branched out into other hobby types. Good Luck and post us a pic or two.
:yes:

Shame on you. The Goldscan is from Pulse Power Developments a British company. ( Beachscan, Surfscan, Goldquest SS, Deepstar etc etc). My favourite Pulse manufacturer.
The Goldscan 5 did appear to kill the GP for performance but like the other new Minelab beater, the AuQuest GD 1000 PASS (Pulse and Sine System) tests in one area that may suit the machines capabilities don't tell the whole story.
AuQuest are going to conduct more open trials in March so you should be able to make a better choice then.

The Goldscan 5 is just undergoing trials in...

OZ. It differs from the Minelabs in that it has a manual GB and is switchable from all metal to a discrimination mode that although not perfect, is probably the best you can get in a PI right now. Less subject to interference than the ML's and early reports claim it handles the laterite ground very well.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom