Outhouse finds!

bolo1010

About a week ago I found an old outhouse in a patch of woods across from my grandpas and I took pictures and shared with yall the story of finding it.

Well I got my 250 in Thursday and finally got to hunt around the old outhouse today and and I didnt find any coins but I did find a couple of intersting things..

I found what looks like an old horse buckle and and a token of some kind (thought it was a very old coin when i first dug it up), a orniment looking thing with has a hook (very solid and heavy)..

But the neatest thing i found was a State of Arkansas Chauffeur badge with the a badge number and the date 1951 on the bottom. My best find so far with my 4 days of metal detecting experience :lol: Sorry the pictures arent too good but i took them with my 2 megapix phone cam.. THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Attachments

• f1.jpg
    f1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,058
  • f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,036
  • f4.jpg
    f4.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • f5.jpg
    f5.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,066
Also.. Does anybody know of how I can might find who this badge registered too? I try googling it but couldnt find anything really. Just found some being sold on ebay.

Not sure how you could find out. Cool find though!

That ornamental thing reminds me of a "curtain pull... or curtain weight"

Cool finds! Hmm, being as they're from an outhouse, I hoped you washed you hands after you cleaned them! Curt

Your token looks like a tax token. They don't hold up very well in the dirt.

G.

You was right! I googled "old tax token images" and the token on the right matches exactly the one I have.. except mine is very worn...

tax2.jpg

This is a one mil piece and I read they were issued by many states and the token I have is to worn to tell the state at the bottom but this is the closest Ive found so far. It says theyre not worth alot of money but a nice piece to my small and new collection.. :tumble:

Any tips on the best way to clean it?? THANKS

Any tips on the best way to clean it?? THANKS

Just about every time I go out I find one from Oklahoma. The degree of corrosion varies depending on depth and age in the ground. The one you found is made of zinc. They are like the modern penny. Not much hope for it. The best I've found is a toothbrush and toothpaste. That will clean it up, but it will still have pitting from the rust. Just about every other method seems to be a waste of time and seems to damage it more.

Good luck!

G.

Thanks for all the replys and support guys! I went back to this spot for about 2 hours this afternoon but didnt find anything but trash but I know theres more goodies out there.. Its kinda hard to hunt because its kinda grown up a lil bit but I'll get back out there again soon and keep yall updated with any good finds..

And special thanks for you Bentfork for the tip about the token! I wouldve never guessed what that was.

HH YALL!!

Also.. Does anybody know of how I can might find who this badge registered too? I try googling it but couldnt find anything really. Just found some being sold on ebay.

Does Arkansas have a State Archives? If they do, that might be a place to check. Steve

Back
Top Bottom