• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Another silver ring

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
Amanda dug up her second silver ring FTY. It was about 6" deep and rang up like a deep quarter. That makes 10 rings between us for the year. 1 gold and 5 silver's. This one cleaned up super good too!

Attachments

• 20190515_123042.jpg
    20190515_123042.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 20190515_123218.jpg
    20190515_123218.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 369
Amanda dug up her second silver ring FTY. It was about 6" deep and rang up like a deep quarter. That makes 10 rings between us for the year. 1 gold and 5 silver's. This one cleaned up super good too!

Dang... you find some cool silver rings!! That's awesome!

You'll find stuff everywhere. I went to Oregon, last week, within 50 miles of the White's Metal Detecting company... where EVERYTHING seems to be cleaned out.

In two days of evening hunts (multiple properties each), I still managed almost $10 in change, 3 rings (all junk), and even an Indian Head Penny (1904), a nice Nixon watch (fully working and undamaged, even though it was in the dirt!) and a guitar fret holder! All but a few quarters were within 1/4 inch of the surface, or laying ON the surface... Stuff is out there... just gotta get out and dig it.

Skippy

Dang... you find some cool silver rings!! That's awesome!

You'll find stuff everywhere. I went to Oregon, last week, within 50 miles of the White's Metal Detecting company... where EVERYTHING seems to be cleaned out.

In two days of evening hunts (multiple properties each), I still managed almost $10 in change, 3 rings (all junk), and even an Indian Head Penny (1904), a nice Nixon watch (fully working and undamaged, even though it was in the dirt!) and a guitar fret holder! All but a few quarters were within 1/4 inch of the surface, or laying ON the surface... Stuff is out there... just gotta get out and dig it.

Skippy

Thanks! And yeah I agree! Its crazy what you can find if you juat get out and swing. Especially areas that self replenish often enough. We found about 6 bucks in clad as well as this ring at the fair grounds. Most people hit the main lawns but we try to go behind old buildings and the grassy areas in the parking lots haha

Gotta love finding rings. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

That's a pretty one congrats to you!

Thank you! I have been trying to get Amanda to use a machine with a target ID and VDI for a while but she was hesitant to leave the Bounty Hunter comfort zone. The other day we were out and almost every single high tone she dug was junk or nasty zinc pennies. I finally convinced her to try the Fisher F22 (now that it's running good.... ) gave her a quick run down on common numbers and now she's out hunting me by a couple bucks in clad each trip and now a ring haha.

Thank you! I have been trying to get Amanda to use a machine with a target ID and VDI for a while but she was hesitant to leave the Bounty Hunter comfort zone. The other day we were out and almost every single high tone she dug was junk or nasty zinc pennies. I finally convinced her to try the Fisher F22 (now that it's running good.... ) gave her a quick run down on common numbers and now she's out hunting me by a couple bucks in clad each trip and now a ring haha.

Wish I could get my wife to get hunt with me. I've tried to convince her a couple times to try it out. However, she thinks it's a pretty big waste of time. Cool that Amanda likes it!

Nice find. I've been md'ing since last May, and I've only found 4 or 5 rings with the AT Pro. All junk except the first one I found last June - white gold. You guys are doing great!

Wish I could get my wife to get hunt with me. I've tried to convince her a couple times to try it out. However, she thinks it's a pretty big waste of time. Cool that Amanda likes it!

Nice find. I've been md'ing since last May, and I've only found 4 or 5 rings with the AT Pro. All junk except the first one I found last June - white gold. You guys are doing great!

Yeah, I lucked out in the wife department. She's actually the one who got me into collecting coins and we figured metal detecting would be a good way to find more. So far we've found almost everything else besides super rare coins haha but the more we got into it the more we realized how much more there was to this hobby and both kinda jumped in head first lol. She for the longest time wouldn't stray away from the bounty Hunter but I think she's finally hooked on the VDI readout. You just gotta get some more rings and maybe your wife will re think her opinion lmao

thanks! And yeah i agree! Its crazy what you can find if you juat get out and swing. Especially areas that self replenish often enough. We found about 6 bucks in clad as well as this ring at the fair grounds. Most people hit the main lawns but we try to go behind old buildings and the grassy areas in the parking lots haha

smart!!

Back
Top Bottom