Equinox 800 help!

Matt2101

Hi all. Fist off I’m in Canada so this post is regarding Canadian coins.. Just picked up the 800. Been running a Garrett AT gold for years with great success. Been out a couple times now with the 800 and man o man can that find pennies! Went out today and brought an assortment of coins to see just how things rang up.
Like I said pennies are unmistakable but using more or less factory settings in Park 1 I find modern coins come in very erratic. Any help with suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance 🙂.
Matt

Your pennies do not have any steel in them (or not enough to be attracted to a magnet) and have typical zinc/copper +18 to +21 responses. All of your other coins are steel core clad and are highly magnetic. So, if you are using any Equinox default search modes you are going to get erratic numbers, audio dropouts and broken jumpy tones. This is because at least part of the responses your Equinox is giving you are being discriminated since some of the steel core responses are registering between -9 and +1.

You could accept all of those numbers after turning down the low iron tone volume level to minimum (1), by hunting with the horseshoe button depressed. At least the audio responses will be consistent and not fractured that way. You could also change the iron tone pitch level along with the other tones in 2 tone or 5 tones so they sound more musically pleasing or less fatiguing. Or, you could just always hunt in 1 tone or 50 tones.............

Your $2 coin has a non-steel center that helps give it a fairly consistent bronze response too.

I really don't know what else to tell you. I don't live in Canada but I have plenty of relatives there and always have Canadian change to test in case I get to detect there someday.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom