Damaged coins

cointroll

We all have found them, the lawn mower hit coins. Other than the ones you can repair what do you do with them? Are the banks supposed to take them back or is that the end of it. Now I am talking about the ones coinstar won't take. Even some of the stores I tried to spend them at did not want them. What works best for you?

Leave them in your md enemies hunting grounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take my bad coins to the credit union (member) and they give me credit for them, even the semi-eaten zincolns. I believe they send them to the treasury/reserve and get compensated.

Quarters, dimes and nickles that coin machines dont take (no matter how many times you try them), I bring to work, put them in the vending machines and hit coin return, and I always get new coins back. If they are not a state quarter I want , I go buy coffee.

I put them between two blocks of wood and whack them with a 3lb. hammer. Then roll them with rest. I have never found one that was completely split and missing a piece. The rotting zincolns after tumble I roll and mark damaged and let the teller know they need to be taken out of circulation. HH Mark

you can send them to the mint
and they will mail you a check back
do a internet search where to mail damaged money

I figured the “cointroll” himself would think of that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a nice old Ball jar and start a collection of "Damaged Coins". Then make your heir deal with them years down the road.

We all have found them, the lawn mower hit coins. Other than the ones you can repair what do you do with them? Are the banks supposed to take them back or is that the end of it. Now I am talking about the ones coinstar won't take. Even some of the stores I tried to spend them at did not want them. What works best for you?

If they are beyond repair, I just save them for unknown reasons. Corroded Zinc pennies add up the quickest. It costs too much to send them in, unless you really have a high value hoard. I figure if the cost prohibitive rules don't change, I might just find creative uses for them...or yes, my heirs may get to deal with them. :lol:

I save the mutilated ones......corroded zincs are either spent or thrown away.
This is my "lawn mower" collection.:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0652.JPG
    IMG_0652.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom