places to detect in maine

roy

Hello my name is Chris. I just bur a cheap radio shack discovery 1000 of ebay. I always wanted to try metal detecting and now i can. I was wondering where there is good places to go metal detecting near lincolnville. Which is where i live. Also can anybody tell me if I'm going to find anything with this brand of metal detector didn't want to pay alot until i knew if i liked it. Thank-You

Welcome. Yes you can find stuff with your detector. Start with your own yard. Then try school yards, parks, and in general, anywhere people have been. The older the better. Learn how to pinpoint and dig as small a hole as necessary to recover the item. Fill all holes so it looks as if no one was there. Practice makes perfect. Don't get discouraged as coins will come. Good luck goes hand in hand with the skill of the operator.
POP

thank-you i have a old seller down in the woods i plan on hitting and out front of my house used to be an old fair ground. Hoping to get it tom. so i can start

Chris, Your detector will find stuff as long as it works ok.
Your own yard is where you should start. Now it's been a while, but don't you have a ferry landing off Highway 1 in Lincolnville?
That area around the landing has had a lot of people going through over the years. They must have dropped something worth finding. and all those old homes up around there. Heck you will have a good time Make sure you get permission before you dig anywhere...........Happy hunting and welcome to the hobby......Gil

yes there is a ferry out of lincolnville beach i'll try that to thank-you And yea there is alot of old house and some old schools that are no longer there. Getting town map from 1886 <i think that was the date> shows where the house where and schools

Back
Top Bottom