Garrett Pro Pointer vs Whites TRX vs Minelab Pro Find

I dig with a screwdriver. TRX made my life a whole lot easier.

I might dig with a screwdriver if I lived in Fla but in Texas...you punch into some form of literal cement in this soil. You gotta experience it. It is just not plainly that simple around here.

Everyone is freaking out over the " boot up" time lol that's hilarious! It's LITERALLY LIKE 1.0 SECONDS! Hahaha.

By the way the "boot up" time is not a boot up time at all-

The TRX uses that whole 1 second of eternity that seems to hamper your recovery time so much, to AUTOMATICALLY GROUND BALANCE ITSELF.

Auto GB - that's right, have you ever taken a stop watch to time how long it takes the Pro pointer to ground balance itself?

.... Oh wait that's not fair, the GPP doesn't have ground balancing at all.

Okay buddy you obviously know what your talking about ;) :no:.. You bring up ignorance yet you're giving an opinion on something you have absolutely no experience with.. Ohh the irony.. Like i said good luck and enjoy your machines.. i truly mean that

He apparently did a lot of research when he bought the 03 cobra as well. A car with a supercharger that runs 12's in the 1/4 mile. Lol, lots of cars out there nimbler, better looking, faster, more reliable, and probably less expensive unless he got some amazing deal.

He's like a lot of people, they go for hype and marketing. He has a mustang, and an AT pro?!?! Probably owns an iPhone and and listened to Limp biskit back in the day.

You gotta love marketing.....

He apparently did a lot of research when he bought the 03 cobra as well. A car with a supercharger that runs 12's in the 1/4 mile. Lol, lots of cars out there nimbler, better looking, faster, more reliable, and probably less expensive unless he got some amazing deal.

He's like a lot of people, they go for hype and marketing. He has a mustang, and an AT pro?!?! Probably owns an iPhone and and listened to Limp biskit back in the day.

:laughing:

:lol::laughing:..

OOO did I hurt your feelings darling, I did not mean to make you get your panties wadded up, apparently you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to Cobra's, can you not tell it isn't an '03-'04 by looking at the rear bumper:lol:
a little jealous huh danny boy! Maybe when you grow up you can buy what you want.:laughing::laughing:

Ok Ok enough of the bickering already lol ...... :D Thanks for all the info and comments everyone I have enjoyed reading them. I had plans on buying a backup detector but I think what I will do now is to buy the Garrett PP and the Whites TRX use them both for a few and decide on what one I want to use full time and have the other as a backup/loaner.

Thanks All

OOO did I hurt your feelings darling, I did not mean to make you get your panties wadded up, apparently you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to Cobra's, can you not tell it isn't an '03-'04 by looking at the rear bumper:lol:
a little jealous huh danny boy! Maybe when you grow up you can buy what you want.:laughing::laughing:

entering into a territory you dont want to be in. detecting is one thing......
racing????

.......another realm.

And no I couldnt tell........because...... I'VE NEVER SEEN THE BACK OF ONE.

entering into a territory you dont want to be in. detecting is one thing......
racing????

.......another realm.

And no I couldnt tell........because...... I'VE NEVER SEEN THE BACK OF ONE.

Guys, I don't contribute much, but I do read and learn a whole lot on here. This post, though? EPIC!

Thanks for the laugh, DM! :laughing:

Ya know what I have experienced about the TRX? Users and friends simply fail to touch the soil pre-dig and get an exact down ward but exact location on their general shallow PP from the detector, and then I see a wide open bigger hole being dug.

Why don't other tectors "super-focus" pre dig since the TRX reigns in predig operations? The TRX does that well...what is the problem?

It is senseless IMO why people get a tone and pinpoint with the detector(well some skip this step and just put a shovel in very deeply in depth, and max out a general plug on a sugested target that's just single inch or three down) and they then dig twice the needed depth, and end up digging a circumference hole massively much larger. Why, now that we have the TRX hitting depth of 3" easily....would a tector just stab a digging shovel to it's max depth and turn up way more dirt than the detector itself said was enough at a couple inches? You paid possibly $150 for the TRX, and it WILL easily detect shallow, "pre-dig" targets with touching the tip pre-dig to the ground...I just don't understand people sometimes when in one breath they give the TRX a slam and then won't use the TRXs best, simple ability with pre digs?

New to this, but have learned quickly that a decent pin pointer saves me a lot of digging and I'm making a smaller mess.

I received a Fisher PP with my F2 and started with that. I would have to dig a pretty good hole for anything beyond 1-1/2" to start getting in a range that the PP might start picking it up. Lucky to get an inch on a dime or penny, and maybe an inch and a half on a quarter.

When I bought my AT Pro, I received the new Kellyco Vulcan 360 with the package. Much better range and good 360 coverage. I can get close to 3" with this PP, so able to pop a lot more coins with a screwdriver. My recovery time has improved substantially an I'm not making nearly the mess. But the Vulcan does take about 5 seconds to power up.

Just ordered a TRX based on all I've read about it and watched on videos, and expect it to help even further.

Not badmouthing any other PP's out there, but like metal detectors themselves, companies are coming out constantly with new technologies and features to help us be more successful. When I see something new that can help me substantially enough, I jump to it.

Some people get the idea that the deeper the pin pointer can reach the better but that is not the case, do you not think that Garrett cannot build a pp to reach 10"? Garrett built the PP to only have about a 1.5" detection for a reason. Do not let the longer range PP fool ya.

I would trade off some performance in the TRX to a dependable 3 inches if it would add full wand detection back in. Tip only detection adds too much time-in-the-hole if the coin is in a sidewall, or already in the pile of dirt. If Garretts designs a pointer like the current Propointer which gets 3 inches without tricks, AND with full length wand detection, I'll go back to Garretts. martin

Back
Top Bottom