Back from the first two times out.....

beetknix110

....the very same day I bought my machine. LOL Anyway, didn't unearth mind-blowing things, but I found stuff nonetheless. The first time was at night and in a farmer's field close to my house. Found a few pieces of metal but that's all. The second time out was Saturday morning in a patch of woods near my house. Found a 2010 dime buried pretty far down and someone's keys. The keys of course I'm turning into lost and found. Like I said, nothing mind-blowing but at least it was something on my first time out. I've learned a few things: 1. the incredible anticipation after that beep, regardless of what the object is; 2. my machine works and I'm doing it properly :laughing: though I still have a lot to learn. I went with the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV bought at Dick's Sporting Goods where I work. It was under $100 plus a nice employee discount. I thought it would be a good beginner one, after doing some research about what to get.

I've attached some pics. Not included is the dime, and for some reason the keys wouldn't load. There are two keys with two rings, both military in nature. The one item looks like a broken blade from some kind of farm equipment, which removing it may have saved him another broken blade in the future lol. The only thing that MIGHT be cool from that first night out is the railroad nail. My town was founded in the mid-1800's and railroads came through. There is still one that runs but it's a few miles from the field. Anyway, the nail may have come from one a long time ago. Not sure though, but the hunt was fun. I'm looking forward to going out again!

Kathy

Attachments

• 20171019_204929.jpg
    20171019_204929.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 401
  • 20171019_212101.jpg
    20171019_212101.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 20171021_100544.jpg
    20171021_100544.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 226
3QHJ

Greetings! Me and my companions here have been monitoring this disgruntultor for quite some time now. But uh, well...congratulations!

attachment.php

Regards, the Doctor

Actually I'm new to the hobby and am lurking to buy a used detector and get started. So I'm dreaming of finding something wonderful, LOL.

Last edited:
Excellent! It sure is an amazing and fun Sport! Out of all the other 'pursuit oriented outdoor activities' I've had, this Detecting Bug has me hooked the deepest...Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck on your quest!

Nice job! Keep it up and it shouldn't be too long before you're on to some really good stuff. :grin: Having fun is what matters, and this hobby definitely is that!

You are off to a good start. Within the month, we expect to see some mercs and wheaties. Then within 3 months, you will no doubt be show-&-telling barbers and seateds. Before long: Any gold coin less than 1850 will bore you.

Welcome to the addiction ! :p

Back
Top Bottom