* Another 15CT (Updated) .. 'Wax seal ring *

meggie

Elite Member
Another 4 hours today mostly cruising the lane at the tides edge.Few more green coins & sinkers and a nice looking 18 CT ear-ring.
Once again close to the low tide right on the waters edge,boom and another 15ct gold ring,weighs just over 10 grams too.That's the 4th 15ct this year .. never seen one before that either.
This ring has heaps of character and at this stage I won't be cleaning & polishing it.
Whilst I do like the ring I hate the ugly stone in it.It has a roughly carved letter on the stone either a Z or a W .. Perhaps a nice Aussie opal would look much better in it?
It must be quite old as you can see the pitting on the gold on the inside.
As I have mentioned in the past 15ct was abolished in 1932.
#11 for September .. all this 'Dancin' is tiring me out.

Attachments

• IMG_3426.jpg
    IMG_3426.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_3429.jpg
    IMG_3429.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_3439.jpg
    IMG_3439.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
:dingding: You're killing it! Congrats again!

It was suggested it may be a wax seal with a family crest.So I took an impression on a bit of old Blu Tack.
Wow I really like it now !

Attachments

• IMG_3481.jpg
    IMG_3481.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_3484.JPG
    IMG_3484.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 372
It was suggested it may be a wax seal with a family crest.So I took an impression on a bit of old Blu Tack.
Wow I really like it now !

Whoa... now THAT is a cool find! :cool:

R5

Wow, that crest is really amazing! Time to hit up "Antique Roadshow" or someone that know about that sorta stuff!

Have been told it's a Scottish Heraldry symbol (embowed arm with dagger)

I have someone with an interest in Celtic traditions re-searching it for me.

Here's a little better photo.

Attachments

• IMG_3492.JPG
    IMG_3492.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 309
Wow, that's a cool wax seal ring. Nice earring too. Pretty amazing the detail that the wax imprint has vs the way the ring face looks ;):D

Whoa- that is incredibly sharp detail! Is the armored arm with the dagger rising out of waves?

That's like some serious Game of Thrones stuff right there!

Totally never would have guessed-- great job investigating it. I might never have thought about taking an impression like that!

Now it goes from the top of the 'ugliest stones' list right into the 'most interesting rings' list.

Whoa- that is incredibly sharp detail! Is the armored arm with the dagger rising out of waves?

That's like some serious Game of Thrones stuff right there!

Totally never would have guessed-- great job investigating it. I might never have thought about taking an impression like that!

Now it goes from the top of the 'ugliest stones' list right into the 'most interesting rings' list.

Thanks, after a couple of others told me what it might be,it was then that I tried the impression.
Yes and to think I had thought about replacing the stone.:shock:
Now I really like it, in fact ... I like it a lot

Back
Top Bottom