• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Button roundup

RockCore

Elite Member
Well here's my few buttons from an old homesite I've hit this spring. Not much but my first CW era finds in a good while. With turkey season in and the brush greening up I won't be back until winter. Also included is the only musket ball I found. No 3-ringers unfortunately. The ball consistently measures .64-.65 inch. Not sure what it's from. But I'm happy.

Buttons.JPG

Nice finds buddy. Beautiful gold on some of those eagle buttons. They might clean up nice. Try soaking them in ammonia for a little bit. It does a nice job. Beat on that spot when you can. It looks good. HH

This spot is strange. I've hit all around the house and have pulled the normal old house site junk. Only two wheaties. But one day I moved off from the foundation area about 50 yards to a flat below the house site. I pulled several pewter spoon pieces, the musket ball, and an old pocket watch bezel. I started working this area and the buttons showed up with a lot of lead. Not sure if this area might have been a camp spot but I can't find any specific historical info on this place. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth! I've pounded this spot but will be back in the winter. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom