New bee with Fisher F 22.

trailtwister

Been readding the owners manual and some things seem to be beyound my brain to comperhend.

If I set the sensitivity then turn the machine off, when I turn it back on do I need to reset it?
Or does it hold a setting till I change it?

Thanks

:D Al

Thanks Digger

Did some thing right today. Found a valve for a car/truck engine and about 75 yards from that was a top to a chain link fence post.

Still scratching my head how ever. I am hunting in and along a trail in my woods for a chain grab hook I lost two winters ago.

Kept having numbers from 19 to 26 pop up and supposed to be about 3 inches down. dig down a good 6 inches even and all around and found nothing.
Now wondering if it could be lead shot?

I have been finding very old spent shot shell hulls.

Thanks Digger

Did some thing right today. Found a valve for a car/truck engine and about 75 yards from that was a top to a chain link fence post.

Still scratching my head how ever. I am hunting in and along a trail in my woods for a chain grab hook I lost two winters ago.

Kept having numbers from 19 to 26 pop up and supposed to be about 3 inches down. dig down a good 6 inches even and all around and found nothing.
Now wondering if it could be lead shot?

I have been finding very old spent shot shell hulls.

When you are new you tend to dig some empty holes for awhile as you get used to your tool, need time to figure out what are false signals and what aren't among other things.
If you are brand new to the hobby totally this definitely happens for awhile and it was the same for most of us.
When I got my F2 I dug a few craters you could probably see from orbit despite having had hundreds of hours swinging other detectors before this one.
Soon enough I got to understand it well and never dug another empty hole again.

Just keep at it, everything will click eventually.

A month, 3 months, 6 months and a year down the road you will laugh at how easy it got and how much you didn't know or understand at first.
All normal in this hobby.

Yes I am really new as todays outing was my second time.
I was pretty happy to find the valve, thought it was a chunk of wire as I could follow the stem from thre face to the tip of the stem.

Again thank you.

I have an F22 as well. If it says 3ish inches and you dig down to 6 it may be a larger piece that is fairly deep. That has happened to me a few times.

I seem to remember that whenever I shut my machine off and turn it back on again all of the previous settings I was using are still the same.

When you are new you tend to dig some empty holes for awhile as you get used to your tool, need time to figure out what are false signals and what aren't among other things.
If you are brand new to the hobby totally this definitely happens for awhile and it was the same for most of us.
When I got my F2 I dug a few craters you could probably see from orbit despite having had hundreds of hours swinging other detectors before this one.
Soon enough I got to understand it well and never dug another empty hole again.

Just keep at it, everything will click eventually.

A month, 3 months, 6 months and a year down the road you will laugh at how easy it got and how much you didn't know or understand at first.
All normal in this hobby.

Good post here Digger as always.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Back
Top Bottom