One-room schoolhouse, part III: big silvers, big token

Jodo_Kast501

I have been out to my schoolhouse permission twice since my last report. Both hunts were fruitful, though signals other than pull tabs have become scarce. I went well over an hour with no coin signals on my last excursion, so I'm planning to let it lie fallow until it gets cold and the vegetation is shorter.

Both of the silvers here were on edge. The half (my second at this site) got scratched because of its odd position and the SLQ (my first ever!) was bouncing between 81 and 87, which usually means penny in my experience, but I was gratified to see a silver rim and managed to avoid scratching it. It's wild to me that I have found no silver dimes at a little old schoolhouse, but found two halves and a quarter. Those are big silvers for a little country school.

Other highlights are the silver-dollar sized Excelsior Shoe Company BSA token (lion and unicorn variety), a dateless buffalo, and a US military cuff button. Thanks for looking!

sWIGE0uh.jpg

dltr1iJh.jpg

9uDow18h.jpg

tN2PWtch.jpg

af37So6h.jpg

Kci2G7Dh.jpg

atnnRuBh.jpg

Bc5eu0Rh.jpg

pUtNI4Rh.jpg

twZMO5Hh.jpg

Great hunt! Love that "big silver still in the dirt" pic. I bet you come across a couple dimes too at that site.

Sweet finds and pictures. I love the look of Big Silver in the hole

Very nice! The one-rooms around here have been pounded to death! That is, unless you can find “the invisible schoolhouse”, which is what I look for.

I have been out to my schoolhouse permission twice since my last report..........

Very nice results, and congrats on grinding out some good results. I agree that it's a bit odd to find the quarters and halves but no dimes. There very well might be some old dimes and Indians but they're all masked by iron.

Congrats on the "BIG Silver". Those are very nice finds. I've hunted a few one room schoool houses in my time and have always come up empty. Congratulations.....

Very nice results, and congrats on grinding out some good results. I agree that it's a bit odd to find the quarters and halves but no dimes. There very well might be some old dimes and Indians but they're all masked by iron.

Thank you! I have found a couple of Indians (very worn 1864 and a nice 1905) there and at least a dozen wheats. One imagines there has to be at least a dime or two laying around. The iron is tough in the around immediately around the schoolhouse and I do wonder if some things could be hiding there.

Congrats and I'm a little jealous, I've been looking for a SLQ for going on 10 years now!

Back
Top Bottom