My school totlot hunt-my first silver ring!!!

coinMD64

Elite Member
Yesterday I went to a local elementary school totlot for my 4 hour metal detecting. I found many ususal clad coins until I hit two targets in grass near the playground wood chip area. I finally found two rings out of the ground. They are my first silver ring with ruby or garnet with .925 silver hallmark inside the ring band and a girl's decorative flower stainless steel ring with number 6 inside the band. And I also found a nice 1952 D Jefferson nickel buried in less than 2 inches in wood chips on totlot. I am very surprised to find two rings at same school in one day!!! I considers those two rings as my best finds I ever have!!! :clapping:

Attachments

• Picture 190.jpg
    Picture 190.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 189.jpg
    Picture 189.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 551
  • Picture 191.jpg
    Picture 191.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 559
  • Picture 192.jpg
    Picture 192.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 539
  • Picture 193.jpg
    Picture 193.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 194.jpg
    Picture 194.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 195.jpg
    Picture 195.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 543
  • Picture 197.jpg
    Picture 197.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 510
  • Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 505
  • Picture 199.jpg
    Picture 199.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 614
Awesome finds. Last time I hunted woodchips I didnt have any luck. It was probably 16" deep and everything goes right to the bottom. Congrats

My silver ring with garnet gemstone

I just returned home from the jewelery shop to get authenticated. The man took it to be weighted in grams. It weighted 6.9 grams and was worth only $3. It was based on 50 cents per gram. I thanked the jwelery shop employee for his service. He also informed that the red gemstone on my silver ring was garnet. I told him that I keeps it as my first silver find. I will keep up with my search for more rings including gold and silver. Thanks for nice comments!!!:D

Congrats on your first silver ring. Just be aware that NO jewelry store will offer you anything near the actual value of silver, gold, or any other precious metal you may have. The true melt value of your ring is closer to $6 plus change, not including whatever the garnet may be worth. Not enough to tempt you to part with your first silver, I'm sure. Keep it as a nice momento of a fun hunt and someday, if silver ever climbs, it's better than $$ in the bank. : )

I got my first silver ring today too...was a bit gnarly, had been trodden into the ground and i had to break it to get the 925 mark but still a rings a ring..lol

Good find though

Gotta luv dem tot-lots...:yes:

Got my silver jewelry from there and the war nickle and yesterday a barbie doll...left that on the bench for someone else to take hom, 44 is a little old for barbie dolls, im at least 30 years too old for action man/gi joe:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom