Joliet, IL Anyone want to detect??

Bacon

Hey all my name is Robert. I live in the Joliet area and is looking for some peps to go detecting with. Right now I go with my friend SnowYettie here on the forums and just seeing if anyone would be interested!
Well thanks,
Robert

Hey all my name is Robert. I live in the Joliet area and is looking for some peps to go detecting with. Right now I go with my friend SnowYettie here on the forums and just seeing if anyone would be interested!
Well thanks,
Robert

Hey Robert, I don't live in the area, but I did grow up there. Graduated from Central (Go Steelmen). That was a few years ago ... well, OK it was 31 years ago. Class of 76 although I graduated a year early. Anyway, have you ever detected out on route 6 across from ComEd and Caterpiller? They used to have an annual carnival there. It was going in the late 50's and 60's. Maybe up into the 70's, but I'm not sure. It was set up in the field across the street and ran from The ComEd to Caterpiller. I alway wanted to go back and check it out, but never had the chance. Since you're in Joliet, maybe you will. If you do, let me know what you find. Should be some silver in the ground out there and plenty of clad and who knows what else.

heh robert

hi,i am in the goose lake area,i work third shift,i would be interested in going somewhere to hunt.i haven't had my explorer out in awhile but...what the heh what did you have in mind? oz

I would be intrested

Hi all,

I am very new to MD (Get my first detector this week) and would be intrested in learning. I live in the South Suburbs of Chicago so Joilet would not be that far of a drive for me.

Give ma a week or 2 to at least get the basics down and then I would be happy to join you on a few hunts.

Steve

Well thanks,
Robert
You may want to join a MD club that is based in your area:

Will County Research And Recovery Association
Leo R Drescher
134 Akin Ave
Joliet, IL 60433
815-723-8198
[email protected]

I'm not in it - Joliet just too long of a drive for me.

Ok, I live in Lockport, If you have any ideas let me know. Rob

Hey rcasi44, Lockport should have some fantastic places to hunt! My favorite place to go in Lockport when I was a kid was Bozo's (not the right spelling, but how I remember it) hot dogs! YUM! I could eat 4 or 5 of them even then. Last time I was up there it looked as if the place had burned down though. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! :yes: Does Lockport still hold the annual "keep it all" days ... or was that Lemont?

Lockport doesn't have great places to hunt. The old 1800's park (Dellwood) is off limits. I can't spell the name (Keepataw) but that is Lemont. The hotdog stand is still there. You would think with the canal and all, hunting would be good. Nice hearing from you. Rob

Lockport doesn't have great places to hunt. The old 1800's park (Dellwood) is off limits. I can't spell the name (Keepataw) but that is Lemont. The hotdog stand is still there. You would think with the canal and all, hunting would be good. Nice hearing from you. Rob

Wow, that's a shame about Dellwood. I figured with all of the history there that there would be an almost unlimited number of places to hunt. Best of luck on your hunts there!

Well thanks,
Robert
Would like to hunt with you in Joliet. I'm Louis Caldwell.

Joliet area

Im about 30 miles from there. Id be interested in learning a few things from more experienced folks.

Welcome to the forum. I'm a 100 miles west of you. We hold an annual group hunt, usually in June, and you are sure welcome to attend. Usually get some people from your area and it would be a good chance for you to meet some local hunters. We always post here so keep an eye out for notice of the hunt.

Metal detectors

Anyone still hunting around Joliet/Lockport area? Looking for some places to go .

Back
Top Bottom