F2 Observation on Nox

metaladdict

Elite Member
So I was at a beach last night with zero bottle caps present. My Nox F2 was on 9. I was getting a iffy nickel sound, I dug out the nickel on the surface and it was barely registering like I said. I thought What the heck???
So I turned down F2 off all the way to zero. Now the nickel was very clear and a signal I would dig.
I was primarily looking for gold and knowing this I could find it better.
Happy detecting!

I figured that out 2 weeks ago. I uninstalled it. Thinking of selling my Nox because of that ! Concerned about future bogus updates. I would rather dig bottle caps than miss gold ! It's really prevalent on older nickels that are crusty in wet beach sand.

...... Thinking of selling my Nox because of that !.....

what ? Are you insinuating that the Nox isn't the cat's meow for every single md'ing task on the planet ? Are you insinuating that the Nox doesn't cure cancer ?? Repent before you are castigated by the Nox faithful crowd ! :laughing:

what ? Are you insinuating that the Nox isn't the cat's meow for every single md'ing task on the planet ? Are you insinuating that the Nox doesn't cure cancer ?? Repent before you are castigated by the Nox faithful crowd ! :laughing:

Not only am I insinuating the Nox isn't the cat's meow , I'm going to castrate this thing ! Hey , the 800 is a great machine. I have found enough gold to pay for it. But I think maybe now it's not the machine for my style of hunting. I got alot of accessories for it. But I think it's time to sell...

If you have f2 on 9 that’s like having fe on 12... that’s a bad idea. F2-6 is a good playoff

Minelab has said this. F2 on 0 is actually less than fe on 0 but the multiplication rate is higher
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ummm….operator error? Almost every machine can be miss configured which results in missed targets...…..don't blame the machine....

Researching new settings and using test gardens are a must with any upgrade...

I use FE on the second update (1.7) and not F2. I updated and rolled back. I might try version 2 again at some point.

The new FE2 was designed more for dirt hunting for working in iron. Most of us had those bottle caps figured out a long time ago. The deep ones that can be a problem........ well we were digging those with any machine. I was hoping to be able to use the FE2 with the original program..... it dont work that away. After 2 updates i still prefer the first just because in the water those digits were off on targets. The regular FE works just fine for my hunting and iron ID.

Issues with the Nox to me are..... iron wraps around in the low digits where gold is, bottle caps right there as well, coil ears to thin, cuff bites, shaft needs swapped out, WAYYYY to much chatter in the water compared to other machines we use. It really lights up surface minerals up in the water. If it had an AM like the Xcal.... id love it. Its short coming to me is in the water... reduced power, salt setting, and then adjusting the sensitivities down. However....... this machine is hard to beat out of the water especially in the wet sand. Its given us a lot of options for dry sand hunting especially on the 800. You dont like it dump it...... but find another machine for this price with a 3 year warranty that does as good a job.

Back
Top Bottom