Curse of Oak Island TV Program

OleSarge

Elite Member
Docudrama, pure fiction or hopeful imagination, I don't know, but from the viewpoint of a metal detectorist, it's interesting. The preview for next Sunday's show includes video clips of their ongoing success in draining a swamp on Oak Island to explore the possibility of channels leading to a treasure cache. In these clips it appears that some of this exploration will be done with conventional metal detectors and should be a interesting view. So, if you're looking for something to watch next Sunday you might check out Curse of Oak Island.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT hand held

I have watched all three episodes and not a lot is said or done with the pit itself. They are doing things all around it but no one is going down the hole. I would think that "The Pit" would be the star of the show. :?: I hope the show
gets better. I don't really buy the curse stuff.

Yet another show that is ridiculous yet I have watched. What I want to know is how these supposed tunnels, pits , traps swamps etc, etc were made 200plus years ago with hand tools under ground . Yeah I know the Egyptians built the pyramids but this money pit thing is tough to swallow. Last night they filled up half the show with some of these kooks who find ghosts with electrical impulses. That did it I've seen enough.

Yet another show that is ridiculous yet I have watched. What I want to know is how these supposed tunnels, pits , traps swamps etc, etc were made 200plus years ago with hand tools under ground . Yeah I know the Egyptians built the pyramids but this money pit thing is tough to swallow. Last night they filled up half the show with some of these kooks who find ghosts with electrical impulses. That did it I've seen enough.

Gaspipe, I am responding to your post since it echos the other two and exactly states my opinion of the program also. I first heard about this pit in 1967, and as a self styled treasure hunter, found the myth interesting. I totally agree that the paranormal mumbo-jumbo and all the reminiscing just makes it that much more boreing. I was hoping next Sunday that they would do some actual metal detecting, other than with a magnet, but it does look pretty hopeless.

i dont understand this!?

tell me something guys
the "money pit" on oak island was supposedly discovered in what?....1795?
or there abouts......so that means it was apparently there before that right?
ok at what was it?....30 feet or so that the boys allegedly found something that stated there was treasure 90 more feet below?
ok.......heres my question...(and i understand about the alledged "flooding tunnels" that were dug all the way to the bay to flood the pit as a booby trap)
technology has evolved so much that people can drill miles deep with drills that can be up to 8 or 10 feet in diameter etc......but they cant get to the 120 or so foot depth needed to get to the bottom of the pit?
they cant get to the bottom of it now with all the mega machines of today but a small group of individuals were able to dig the pit along with an elaborate labyrinth of tunnels with the primitive hand tools that must have predated 1790?
come on guys.....i honestly think if there was anything in the money pit that it was already found and dispersed centuries ago (if there was any truth to the legend at all)
Im positive that the mystery of its origins and what or if there was ever a true treasure was there....but im willing to bet the farm that the only treasure that will be found now will be the remnants and equipment and items that have been lost and disposed of in the pit since it became popular enough to be invested in and searched.
and if they want to get to the bottom of the pit safely......pyledrive a 10 foot diameter sleeve to a depth lower than the flooding traps and pump the remaining water out of the pit and sift through the layers of whats there now.
does anyone else agree ? or did i just go way off base and make a fool of myself?

I can't help but feel like I should be rooting for the underdog.

The money pit looks like it already has a metal sleeve at the surface.
I thinking draining the swamp is pointless. All this talk about gases in swamp, eh...

I could see the dangers of being in a tunnel and hitting gas pockets... why not have an emergency air supply?

its called the money pit because everyone that looks for the treasure goes broke :lol:

yeah, it was slow enough without the paranormal stuff

They have to figure out ways to get some of their invested money back. It's like "gold rush". I've found one 4/10th gram gold earring so far this year. And over 50 small diamonds. Team Todd has zero gold and 5 diamonds all year:lol: Then they put on the bloopers, directors cut, film crews version. And get paid for commercials all year.:laughing:

tell me something guys the "money pit" on oak island was supposedly discovered in what?....1795? or there abouts......so that means it was apparently there before that right? ok at what was it?....30 feet or so that the boys allegedly found something that stated there was treasure 90 more feet below? ok.......heres my question...(and i understand about the alledged "flooding tunnels" that were dug all the way to the bay to flood the pit as a booby trap) technology has evolved so much that people can drill miles deep with drills that can be up to 8 or 10 feet in diameter etc......but they cant get to the 120 or so foot depth needed to get to the bottom of the pit? they cant get to the bottom of it now with all the mega machines of today but a small group of individuals were able to dig the pit along with an elaborate labyrinth of tunnels with the primitive hand tools that must have predated 1790? come on guys.....i honestly think if there was anything in the money pit that it was already found and dispersed centuries ago (if there was any truth to the legend at all) Im positive that the mystery of its origins and what or if there was ever a true treasure was there....but im willing to bet the farm that the only treasure that will be found now will be the remnants and equipment and items that have been lost and disposed of in the pit since it became popular enough to be invested in and searched.
and if they want to get to the bottom of the pit safely......pyledrive a 10 foot diameter sleeve to a depth lower than the flooding traps and pump the remaining water out of the pit and sift through the layers of whats there now.
does anyone else agree ? or did i just go way off base and make a fool of myself?

Slyacer, your logic and perception of problem solving is uncanny. I too was really set back by the paranormal link because I'll watch ghost whisperers or bigfoot to satiate my paranormal hunger. I suggested this program because I thought it would be interesting watching how they intended to MD a drained swamp, apparently with a saline/alkaline ground balance and mud up to their fanny's. After reading the several posts by my informed MDing brethren, I too wonder why they can rescue a dog from a 90 foot well by drilling a countershaft, but the millions invested over years of digging has never reached this level of technology. The program reeks of "The forepaws of the Spynx" and how was "Coral Castle" built in a forth night by a skinny immigrant from (?). It smells highly of divine intervention through cloudy allusion to the Knights Templar and their connection to the Arc of the Covenant. I'll watch it Sunday because I don't like "Suits" or The Real Housewife's"...but I think I'll take it with the same weight as the tail feather of a humming bird. Thanks to everyone for their awsome posts....this is FMDF at its very best:friends::clapping:

I can't help but feel like I should be rooting for the underdog.

The money pit looks like it already has a metal sleeve at the surface.
I thinking draining the swamp is pointless. All this talk about gases in swamp, eh...

I could see the dangers of being in a tunnel and hitting gas pockets... why not have an emergency air supply?

provingunique, Thanks for your excellent post and keeping the thread moving. :my2cents: I explained to my hunting buddies the other day that the principal goal of many MDers was perpetual quest for rings. My problem with this is that I viewed a video the other day which describes a method of changing a coin, regardless of its face value, into a keepsake ring. This process literally removes the center of one target and, through the absence of the material, converts the target (coin) into a more elusive target (a ring). The gas pockets was introduced through the mechanism of the six deaths (removed something worthless to add something of greater value at no additional expense) caused by the deadly gasses which will kill within seconds :wow2: after neutralizing the olfactory nerves of the nose:?:.
Why introduce something so absolutely absurd when these gasses are exactly the same as those sewer workers deals with every minute they are below ground in the sewer system. Here they insidously bounce back to the paranormal link..and more "dead" space episodes, by linking the deaths of the six, remember "seven must die" through the gas to the probability that supernormal powers are protecting the "money pit" treasure. Golly, this resembles work and I'm getting so tired writing I'm grabbing my tector and heading for the tot lot. Thanks again for your post provingunique...it, and all the others, are great!:excited:

The title of this thread should be 'The Curse of the Oak Island TV Program'... Watching it is a waste of time, just like watching any of those stupid faked finds detecting shows...

I think the show is good. I think they are trying to establish solid evidence first before they shell out all this money to excavate the money pit and waste millions of dollars on a story with no hard evidence like most did. If they collect the evidence first that proves there could be real treasure buried on Oak island or at least answer a lot of unknowns, than they would probably get a lot of additional funding from the government and other sponsors to continue with a mass excavation project. This is a huge undertaken..It cost my town millions to plow roads during one snow storm. I can just imagine what it cost to dig 200' down in the ground, supporting the walls from collapsing...Enviromental permits....etc. It took Dustin and Fred 3 years to dig the glory hole which cost them a few bucks! haha!

Next episode the previews show them using a CTX3030 in the swamp..LOL

"Slow and steady wins the race"

And why hasn't anyone dynamite the !!!! out of dungeon rock in Lynn woods? Maybe I could start my own show on that legend.:laughing::laughing:

Is it pretty ignorant?
I watch Netflix and that's it, but the two guys that are in the show are from the town i live in. everyone is all excited, which means i just roll my eyes. tend to be a bit cynical.

I think the show is good. I think they are trying to establish solid evidence first before they shell out all this money to excavate the money pit and waste millions of dollars on a story with no hard evidence like most did. If they collect the evidence first that proves there could be real treasure buried on Oak island or at least answer a lot of unknowns, than they would probably get a lot of additional funding from the government and other sponsors to continue with a mass excavation project. This is a huge undertaken..It cost my town millions to plow roads during one snow storm. I can just imagine what it cost to dig 200' down in the ground, supporting the walls from collapsing...Enviromental permits....etc. It took Dustin and Fred 3 years to dig the glory hole which cost them a few bucks! haha!

Next episode the previews show them using a CTX3030 in the swamp..LOL

"Slow and steady wins the race"

And why hasn't anyone dynamite the !!!! out of dungeon rock in Lynn woods? Maybe I could start my own show on that legend.:laughing::laughing:

Boretti, I have been a 32nd Degree Freemason for nearly 50 years. The Rite is steeped in allegory and rich in mysteries. If you watched National Treasure or have read Holy Blood, Holy Grail, you too have speculated on the "What If's" of lost treasure. I mention the Rite because one of the fundamental premises of its origin and continued existance is the allusion of its connection to the Knights Templar. I watch the program "Curse of Oak Island" also because it IS interesting and offers exactly the same search/find mystery as Diggers, American Savage Diggers and Indiana Jones movies. I like the dynamite idea and will throw the resources of every metal detector find I make for the rest of January behind its support.:laughing:

We will not know the outcome until the final episode is aired. Then we will see who is right in this discussion. For my part, I hope they do find the answers to the mystery.

Remember, a lot of the "hokie" stuff we see on "reality" shows is there because the network thinks it will improve ratings and in many cases it works. There are a lot of people who believe in the supernatural who might tune in because of the rumors.

We will not know the outcome until the final episode is aired. Then we will see who is right in this discussion. For my part, I hope they do find the answers to the mystery.

Remember, a lot of the "hokie" stuff we see on "reality" shows is there because the network thinks it will improve ratings and in many cases it works. There are a lot of people who believe in the supernatural who might tune in because of the rumors.

Cheers! Me too, I hope they solve/find whatever that maybe. I think if they find something amazing it will be hard to keep a secret and will be all over the news.

Let's not pretend for an instance that there's a lot of reality to these so called reality shows. The guys on the screen are making plenty of money from the "show", and that's exactly what it is. It's like Gold Rush show crying over the cost of fuel, etc, when the show is paying for it plus highly compensating them as well. Give me a break. Kind of like that show, Jon and Kate Plus 8 back before they got divorced. Oh poor me, poor us...we have 8 kids and no money. Let's moan about that every day, never mind the fact they were paid $22,500 per episode and made MILLIONS over the run of that "reality" show.

Mystery solved

http://rense.com/general47/oak.html

you will need to watch all the episodes till Blankenship reveals his proof (theory).
In order to do that you will have to suffer through 5 back to back ads every 6 minutes till the end. I for one am not going to do that.
The show is boring and is nothing more than a rehash of all the the tales preceding it. I watched one episode last week all hype over coconut husks.

Previous adventurers found the fiber years ago. So really, whats new?

Back
Top Bottom