Where do you buy your batteries?

i get them from grocery outlet for two bucks for 4 double a's or 1 dollar for the same at a dollar store or a bunch for about 5 bucks from harbor frieght tools.

I have tried all kinds.
Family Dollar, Big Lots and stores like that have deals, but I don't seem to get a lot of life out of some packages.
CVS has BOGO deals on 9v's from time to time.
Costco is good for Duracel 9v's, not bad on Duracell AA's.
I tried their house brand and had good luck but many people online have complained about leaking.
Lately I just go to Batteries Plus Bulbs and buy a 30 pack of AA's for $12.99 when needed.
They last as long as anything I have ever tried and there are stores on just about every corner close.
They used to have a comparable deal on Rayovac 9v's but no more.

Bought two of these packs at Fleet Farm for $10 each during a holiday sale. Rayovacs aren't as good as Duracell IMO, they don't last as long, but they're good for the price. The AT Pro really doesn't take that much juice (surprising when you consider the amount of sound it makes). 9 volts are much pricier so I try to snag them when they're on sale. That reminds me, I need more of those.

COSTCO has Sanyo Eneloop charger, 8 AA and 4 AAA batteries on sale for $6.00 off.
2000 MAH charger
2C/2D adapter
Rechargeable up to 2,100 times

Item 917976
($29.95 I think is without discount)
I have used these for over 3 years without any noticeable loss of performance.

Description:
Panasonic Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries and Charger Model BQ-CC17 – The C and D adapters conveniently transforms the Eneloop AA cells into C and D size batteries. Advanced charger individually charges the Eneloop AA and AAA batteries. Pre-charged and ready to use in your favorite devices. Maintains 70% charge for up to 10 years (when not in use). The Panasonic BQ-CC17, 4 position Ni-MH battery charger delivers advanced cell charging capabilities, ideal for use at home, in the office, or on the road. The BQ-CC17 charger is a convenient way to recharge any combination of up to 4 AA or AAA Ni-MH eneloop, eneloop pro, or conventional Panasonic Ni-MH batteries. The auto shut-off safety technology stops when charging process is complete or if a non-rechargeable battery is inserted into the unit. Unlike alkaline batteries, eneloop Ni-MH cells maintain a consistent power level from the time the batteries are installed in the device until they are fully drained. Alkaline batteries experience an immediate and consistent drop on power, often resulting in slower performance or response time of a given device.

Rechargeable 9 Volts

I use Powerex True 9.6V NiMH rechargeable 230 mAh batteries in my Tesoro, Teknetic detectors and in my Garrett pinpointer. I haven't bought a 9v battery in 2 yrs.

+1 on the eneloop AA, I charge them once a week and get 15 or more hours through the week.

Get rechargeable Sanyo eneloop (AA) batteries. Can buy at Costco. Using the same 8 batteries in my AT Pro 3+ years later.

X 2 on the Eneloops. Been using them for years. Be aware that they do have different mAh ratings depending on where you buy them. I usually get mine from bhphotovideo

Best I've found is harbor freight house brand AA batteries. 24 pack is 6-7 bucks. Haven't had any problems with leaks and give good run time. Been using them for at least two years now. They have two varieties. Don't buy the yellow ones, buy the orange ones. Yellows are very low quality with none magnetic cases. I use their 9 volt ones in my Tesoros and pinpointer. Can't remember the price but like everything at harbor freight, very reasonable.

my machine uses one 9v. i just keep an eye open for deals on good name brands. duracell, energizers, with a five shelf life. you can come across a pack of six for 12-13 bucks. home depot is one place i get that price. sometimes you have to look in the back for the ones with 5 year shelf life. i dont buy them with less that that and i remove them from the detector after i'm done for the day. so, no problems with leaking. the plain duracell coppertops last a good while, so do the energizer max.

I'll second Menards. House brand alkaline 9V around $2 each. With sales I don't expect to pay more that $1 per 4 alkaline AAs. Avoid "heavy dutys" "extra heavy dutys" etc -- get alkalines.

I detest the capacity of 9V alkalines for the price charged, and avoid them whenever possible. I have Li-ion 9V rechargeables for my F2. They run 7.4V nominal which is fine for the F2, may not be for other detectors. 2 batteries and charger ran about $20-25 at all-battery.com. Oh, these give the same or better runtime than alkalines. With NiMH rechargeables you'll get about half the runtime of alkalines. F2 eats alkalines pretty fast, so the NiMH option was a lot less appealing for me. Also be aware some NiMH 9Vs are really 7.2V, some 8.4V, some 9.6V nominal, and may or may not work in your detector. Unless you're sure, I'd try to avoid the 7.2V ones.

+1 I've had the Sanyo eneloops for about 4 years now running my E-Trac. I get about 10hrs run time.

I began using these this season. I'm also getting about 10-hours or better on a set of 4.

I don't know if it's just me, but the batteries seem to hold a charge longer the more times I recharge them.

Good deal on Sanyo Eneloop batteries and charger

Was at Costco today and purchased a set of great rechargeables on sale.
8A, 4AAA, 2C and 2D
Comes with charger.

That's a good deal MC. I'm on the look out for some eneloop 9v. They should last a long time in a pinpointer.

I picked up a set of 4 AA eneloops w/charger off of Amazon. That purchase has saved me some money, for sure. Not to mention the dozens of batteries that aren't in a landfill somewhere.

Duraleak

Don't leave those Duraleak's in your toys for too long or you too will be posting complaints - Google it.

I keep a couple 4 packs of AA's from the dollar store and the 8 AA box for the Sovereign in the backpack just in case the rechargeable battery ever goes dead on a hunt...

Batteries came with each of my detectors, (Minelab) so I've never had to go buy any. The oldest is over 10 years old.

Back
Top Bottom