No rhyme or reason

codmander

Elite Member
1934 walker on a reclaimed beach (added sand)
gold ring on a beach that gets machined cetainly no rhyme or reason to metal detecting

22491519_1729339527085769_7757247717167236366_n.jpg

22489927_1729339960419059_1969223596470854087_n.jpg

Nice Gold 'Clatter' Ring! The Walker too...Man, thats what is so frustrating about beach hunting!...seems a guy has to go out there to find anything!:laughing:
I remember when I was new at this, for some reason, I would hunt the tops of sandbars, especially after a storm. I could see the waves pull up a lot of sand as they were breaking, so I reasoned thats where I should be hunting! I actually did score on some nice big gold rings doing that...

Now I hunt the cuts and troughs, yeah, I find some gold there too, but still...it makes no rhyme or reason at all...hunting the tops of moving sandbars? yet there was gold there...:?:

1934 walker on a reclaimed beach (added sand)
gold ring on a beach that gets machined cetainly no rhyme or reason to metal detecting

100% agree - learn "how to read" the beach.........then boom.

Congrats on the great hunt!!!!!

Nice unexpected finds! Wow! Nice spot, regardless.
Your "no rhyme or reason" statement seems a little extreme, though. I know it's kind of true, with the randomness of it all, but there are patterns, of course. You did find them on a beach. There are likely reasons those items and coins were "on a beach". Another thought: where might that sand be sourced from? Might be from an even better location?
Also, thank you for posting this. I just learned what a "Claddagh" ring is, after reading GroundSweeper's reply, and a quick Google search.

Very nice! My only Buffalo Nickel I have ever found came from my development, which was only built in 1992 on a hilltop that was a mile into thick brush in the middle of nowhere. Because of that, I know it had to have been trucked in with the fill dirt. Like you said, no rhyme or reason.

Nice unexpected finds! Wow! Nice spot, regardless.
Your "no rhyme or reason" statement seems a little extreme, though. I know it's kind of true, with the randomness of it all, but there are patterns, of course. You did find them on a beach. There are likely reasons those items and coins were "on a beach". Another thought: where might that sand be sourced from? Might be from an even better location?
Also, thank you for posting this. I just learned what a "Claddagh" ring is, after reading GroundSweeper's reply, and a quick Google search.

could be right dropping sand with coins another hunt today 1936 buf nickel reclaimed sand

Congratulations on the Walker and gold. At our beaches they bring in fill sand and you never know what to expect. Most of my coins are found in the dry sand
behind the beach raker.

Back
Top Bottom