• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Minelab Equinox

Wow! This sounds impressive and at a great price point. I thought the Max had missed the boat by offering just one frequency. If this works well I can't see why one would choose the Max over the Equinox.

Can't wait for some reviews from experienced detectorists.

What's the function of the "HORSE SHOE button" on the left?
A GOOD LUCK button ? :D

maybe, I'll be selling my CTX ?

Great price point for multi-frequency and light weight! Can't wait for the field test videos.

I just may have one of those lined up in the future, when released!

When will this be available in the US?

I really like what I'm seeing but I don't know about the single numbers. Is the FE displayed by the circle and not a number?

Who's going to have them first for sale?

Yeah, what's up with the single number? The FE/CO numbers is one of the things I love most about my Etrac. I can't imagine hunting without them. I hope they are there somewhere.

These 2 models, will definitely make quite a few folks stand fast with their near future purchases of other models detectors.

So,,a HOLDING pattern created!!!

Was the manufacturers goal too.
Don't blame them.

Let's watch the used classifieds,,and see what happens.
Should prove interesting.

Could we see a price reductions with some model units new?
Could warranty periods be extended for some,,even Deus?

BIG monkey wrench thrown in.

I'm not ready to dump my deus yet but sign me up for one of these! I'm glad we finally got a top of the line waterproof detector that is more attainable price range. The AT MAX JUST got shot down before it got delivered. Will I be doing comparision videos with a minelab in the near future and making everyone mad ... probably :laughing: I'm really excited about this one , now please don't let it take to years to get.

Preorders???
When will they start??

No telling how many preorders would be gotten by dealers even today, if they were being taken.

The guy said the numbers would be adjusted on the production models, but you guys might be talking about the 12/42 and such??
Yeah, what's up with the single number? The FE/CO numbers is one of the things I love most about my Etrac. I can't imagine hunting without them. I hope they are there somewhere.

I'm not ready to dump my deus yet but sign me up for one of these! I'm glad we finally got a top of the line waterproof detector that is more attainable price range. The AT MAX JUST got shot down before it got delivered. Will I be doing comparision videos with a minelab in the near future and making everyone mad ... probably :laughing: I'm really excited about this one , now please don't let it take to years to get.
I agree with this. Garrett might have really hurt themselves taking so long on at max. They could have sold a million max units before this thing launched. Now sales will suffer greatly. I know I won't be buying a max now unless the field tests show some faults in equinox. This unit actually seems like a true game changer as advertised which is surprising.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is what can happen to a manufacturer when all they do is repackage things basically.
Someone will dial your number-- long distance too!!

Just the weight factor will make this detector get loads of attention.

This likely won't be total domination,,but will add to Minelab's market share tremendously.

Unit needs clean release though,,,no BUGS or physical shortcomings!!

Send me one Minelab I'll put it through the ringer.
Will put up against Deus,,and report the truth too.

The guy said the numbers would be adjusted on the production models, but you guys might be talking about the 12/42 and such??

Yes, the 12/42 etc. 12=ferrous/42=conductive. Those 2 sets of numbers give you huge amounts of information. It's one reason why these machines are known for excellent target ID. Those numbers also keep you from digging as much trash as other machines. It is one of the things that makes Etrac/CTX 3030 so great. Like I said, I can't imagine hunting without them, unless they've come up with something better.

If they send you one I'm coming to tn to see it . ::yes: top secret of course...I wonder what freq it runs at simultaneously?

I wonder if its a market move since most others detectors use one vdi number? To draw other brand users over? just a thought.
Yes, the 12/42 etc. 12=ferrous/42=conductive. Those 2 sets of numbers give you huge amounts of information. It's one reason why these machines are known for excellent target ID. Those numbers also keep you from digging as much trash as other machines. It is one of the things that makes Etrac/CTX 3030 so great. Like I said, I can't imagine hunting without them, unless they've come up with something better.

Very interesting! I love the "remote" and weight loss. Will these have FBS 2 technology? Okay I guess they won't, a new simultaneous multi-frequency. I was looking at an upgrade soon but may hold out now...

If they send you one I'm coming to tn to see it . ::yes: top secret of course...I wonder what freq it runs at simultaneously?

If this detector is very good in separation, and handles ground minerals well.
Minelab would be smart to send me one,,and let me put it through its paces.

Just because of all my Deus reporting on forums.
Would be breaking Minelab's tradition by doing too.

I say go for it Minelab.
A gent in backwoods Tn with a southern draw can shed light on your new innovation.

You can bet,,if I see a problem(s) I will let you know.

You know what they say,,be careful of what you ask for.

Would have to put deer hunting on hold big time,,if I were sent a unit.

Nothing wrong with reaching out to manufacturer.
And the unit if sent,,as far as its dispostion,,that is your decision Minelab.
I don't expect to keep detector/accessories.
Will do solely on my time,,,my dime.

Unless Minelab starts some new marketing campain they arent going to hurt garrett much. Garrett has a firm grip in that arena.

I wonder if its a market move since most others detectors use one vdi number? To draw other brand users over? just a thought.

Bad market move for Etrac users. We know when we see a 12/45 combined with that sweet sound....instant smile on your face.

This is a 12/45 dug yesterday. 42 merc.

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,319
Unless Minelab starts some new marketing campain they arent going to hurt garrett much. Garrett has a firm grip in that arena.

Maybe in your dreams.
I have already seen enough posting,,At Max on the backburner for many.

Folks will likely use their At Pros, and wait for this new detector's reports.
If good,,will strongly consider buying,
Warranty period on this new unit,,if longer than traditional,,could lure folks too.

Some folks could wind up with white elephants/boat anchors.

Back
Top Bottom