Fresh meat in NC

ranger12

New here, and doing the obligatory introduction.

Recently purchased a couple dozen acres in NC. Looking back at old air photographs, this area has been logged 2 or 3 times since the 1930's. One old homestead is shown on a 1938 aerial photo, but is gone by 1955. Appears to be part of a working farm with both field and pasture. I don't know what year it may have been built. All that remains is a rock pile.

I got in about 15 minutes with the detector the other day. Didn't want to start at the house site until I can dedicate time to that and be thorough and methodical, so I just picked a random spot along side the old roadbed. In that short time, I found 1 unidentifiable metal part (will post pics later), an old 15' or so log chain (buried about 8" deep), and both halves of a broken two-man cross cut saw, under leaf litter and about 1/2" of soil.

I'll post pics of all the found gold rings and silver coins -- after I find them.

New here, and doing the obligatory introduction.

Recently purchased a couple dozen acres in NC. Looking back at old air photographs, this area has been logged 2 or 3 times since the 1930's. One old homestead is shown on a 1938 aerial photo, but is gone by 1955. Appears to be part of a working farm with both field and pasture. I don't know what year it may have been built. All that remains is a rock pile.

I got in about 15 minutes with the detector the other day. Didn't want to start at the house site until I can dedicate time to that and be thorough and methodical, so I just picked a random spot along side the old roadbed. In that short time, I found 1 unidentifiable metal part (will post pics later), an old 15' or so log chain (buried about 8" deep), and both halves of a broken two-man cross cut saw, under leaf litter and about 1/2" of soil.

I'll post pics of all the found gold rings and silver coins -- after I find them.

Congratulations !!

there could be some value in the broken 2 man cross cut saw..
places like to hang them on the walls as Decoration..

Welcome from Florida. I grew up in Wayne Co NC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom