A Bunch Of SoCal Silver And Some Other Goodies

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
I have been lazy and not feeling very motivated to post but figured I would show you the last 5 or 6 hunts. I haven't been able to get out for any long hunts so these finds are all from shorter 3-4 hour hunts after work. A few of the coins are in bad shape. Fertilizer in some parks is brutal on silver.

If anyone knows what the little winged spoon thingy is, please let me know.

These finds takes me to 101 silver coins, 543 wheat pennies and 14 pieces of sterling for the year.

Enjoy,
Jason

Attachments

• IMG_7555.jpg
    IMG_7555.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7611.jpg
    IMG_7611.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 273
Very nice! No idea about the spoon thing...

woweeee a walker jamflicker! Is that a first. I always call cut coins "jamflickers" and people just shake their head and assume im nuts. They just dont know :-(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You're right. Whatever park you're hitting for these, must use a different fertilizer , or have different mineral content, than your normal stomping grounds. Because most of the silver you show doesn't have such pits.

You're right that it could be fertilizer. I've noticed that silver coins that come from golf courses (where they apply lots of fertalizer) tends to be toasted much more than normal ground silver.

Nice finds as usual Jam! Nice lawnmower half, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Man that’s some good hunting there Jam! Congrats, and great pics too! Thanks for posting :)
Thanks buddy!
Nice finds as usual Jam! Nice lawnmower half, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Yes, it's a half of a half.:laughing:
You're right. Whatever park you're hitting for these, must use a different fertilizer , or have different mineral content, than your normal stomping grounds. Because most of the silver you show doesn't have such pits.

You're right that it could be fertilizer. I've noticed that silver coins that come from golf courses (where they apply lots of fertalizer) tends to be toasted much more than normal ground silver.
Yeah, it's the only thing I can think of that would cause it. They come out really dark and pitted and that about as clean as I can get them.
woweeee a walker jamflicker! Is that a first. I always call cut coins "jamflickers" and people just shake their head and assume im nuts. They just dont know :-(

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Haha, yes it's my first cut half of any kind. I would probably shake my head if you called it a jamflicker too.:laughing: I call marbles peekaboos because of how they are always barely peeking out of the dirt when I find them. A couple of my buddies know but a couple had no idea what I was talking about.
Very nice! No idea about the spoon thing...
Thanks!
Wow that Walker was killed!!! Nice hunt!!
Thanks!

Congrats my friend at again topping the century mark on Silver coins. Only 99 more to reach 200, if you can dig the other half of the half you can count it twice. That is if you get enough time to punish the ground. I can no longer pound the local parks as they seemed drained of good targets so I've been hunting private grounds or driving some distants to get my Silver fix. Like Tom said the fertilizer looks to have done a number on the coins. They look like a couple I dug years ago from a golf course. Trapper

Another great hard earned display Jam.
You make it look so easy . Love the silver as always and the marbles are sweet.
Congradulations.
,Dew

Nice Jason!! It's a SIN what happened to that Walker!!
thanks Rob! I know, poor walker. I tried to find the rest.

Great finds...that pitting gives it character. And that half or a half is still worth its weight in silver.
Thanks and I agree on the putting.
Congrats my friend at again topping the century mark on Silver coins. Only 99 more to reach 200, if you can dig the other half of the half you can count it twice. That is if you get enough time to punish the ground. I can no longer pound the local parks as they seemed drained of good targets so I've been hunting private grounds or driving some distants to get my Silver fix. Like Tom said the fertilizer looks to have done a number on the coins. They look like a couple I dug years ago from a golf course. Trapper
Thanks Trapper! I know what you mean about drained sites. It’s getting harder and harder here too. Yeah it has to be the fertilizer that messes up these coins.
That ring is super cool!
Thanks Steve
Nice hunting Jam! Congrats on hitting the century mark!
The spoon looks like an old measuring spoon to me but just a guess.
Thanks Ron. That sort of what I’m thinking on the spoon too.
Another great hard earned display Jam.
You make it look so easy . Love the silver as always and the marbles are sweet.
Congradulations.
,Dew
Thanks Dew

I would also say it’s an ornate measuring spoon. What a collection! And yes,I’ve found fertilized coins to be pretty eaten up,one of the reasons I don’t target copper.
That’s a mound-o-stuff man,great job as always!:grin:

Very nice finds Jam! I'm sure you'll go back and find the rest of that chewed up Walker! And that one item looks like it says "poops":lol: Upon closer inspection I think it says "pools":)

Really nice finds Jason, the half is pretty cool! Time has been scarce over here as well, hopefully it picks up in the future! Congrats!

Very nice finds Jam! I'm sure you'll go back and find the rest of that chewed up Walker! And that one item looks like it says "poops":lol: Upon closer inspection I think it says "pools":)
Thanks bud!
Really nice finds Jason, the half is pretty cool! Time has been scarce over here as well, hopefully it picks up in the future! Congrats!
Thanks Jeff and hope you find some more time to detect too.
I would also say it’s an ornate measuring spoon. What a collection! And yes,I’ve found fertilized coins to be pretty eaten up,one of the reasons I don’t target copper.
That’s a mound-o-stuff man,great job as always!:grin:
Thanks buddy! Yeah I've heard that fertilizer is brutal on coppers.

Back
Top Bottom