• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Finally did some detecting down south.

Silver King

Hey everyone. Finally got back into the swing of things and made a weekend trip with a buddy down into South Dakota this time. Had a blast and made some good finds. So here we go!

Ended up with 10 Silver this weekend. They included a 1943-D Walking Liberty Half, 1903 Barber Quarter, 1944 Washington Quarter, 1902 Barber Dime, 2 Merc's and 4 Roosevelt Dimes.

Also dug a Tony Lama El Paso, Texas Gold Label Boots token and a really beat up Copper Clad Crank Club token which is pretty neat. If you find an undug example, it shows a person standing on the Good Luck Swastika on the front of the token. Early 1920's.

Dug a Sacagawea Dollar, an 1892 V-Nickel, older Jefferson Nickel, 1907 Injun and 23 Wheats.

Other Misc. finds included a Religious Pendant, a Spiderman Ertl Car, part of a St. Louis Padlock, an old Button, a combined set of Kids Rings, a Lions International Pin, an Ornate item of some sort and an old Railroad Key.

Also dug a TON of CLAD! Pulled 108 Quarters, 45 Dimes, 7 Nickels and 54 Pennies.

Hope your all getting out before the big freeze. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my finds. Best of Luck to you all! Silver King.

Attachments

• Cleaned Silver.jpg
    Cleaned Silver.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 592
  • Dirty Silver.jpg
    Dirty Silver.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 558
  • Dirty Keepers.jpg
    Dirty Keepers.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 558
  • GOPR9936.jpg
    GOPR9936.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 533
Nice. I like those tokens and that key! And of course the oldies and the silver. Very nice hunt and write up. Thanks and congrats! [emoji106][emoji3548]

Those are some awesome finds. I found a similar Railroad switch key. I researched it and found one almost identical to mine that had sold at auction for $70.
Congrats on those finds!

Wow, what a weekend, really great mixed bag hunt with big silver to top it off. Can't get too much better than that. Congrats on a major silver haul and a nice wheat harvest as well. HH Mark

Thanks everyone.

Love getting out and digging oldies and all the other great assortments we detectorists find on our journey's. Hope everyone gets out while they can before the snow flies and the ground gets hard. Best of Luck and HH to you all. Silver King.

Nice adventure and glad you dug some nice targets.

I found the same copper crank token a while back and thought I got some American Nazi token or something. Come to find out, that symbol meant good luck before it became the Nazi symbol.

South? Ha, ha. When you said "South" I was thinking Florida! Great digs. HH

Silver King

I see your handle fits pretty well. That is one weekend, 99.9 percent of us diggers would love to have. I'm in a slump with the silvers so it's nice to know, there still out there, just waiting for a coil to pass over them. Congrates on a really great weekend.
HH everyone

ha! I thought you meant down in the Southern states like AL or GA.

We never find that quantity or kind of silver in metro Atlanta.

Why?

In the very old parks around east, west and south Atlanta bad places to hunt for personal security reasons. dope user would kill you just to pawn your metal detector for $50.

In north Atlanta parks are too young (started mostly in 1970's) for silver. all other areas were just poor rural farming areas with little silver coinage in circulation. I think that is where the saying "dirt Poor" came from.

Back
Top Bottom