As far as metal detectors go who is the Cadillac of them all

I said earlier that the sooner we all agree that the Garrett at pro is the best, the sooner everyone will get along..Land ,water ,saltwater,coins, jewelry, best customer service.. On and on..

I said earlier that the sooner we all agree that the Garrett at pro is the best, the sooner everyone will get along..Land ,water ,saltwater,coins, jewelry, best customer service.. On and on..

CASE CLOSED, lock the thread mods, we have a WINNER!!!

Any other argument after this is invalid and merely reaching!

Bottom line here for folks really interested in a thoughtful answer.

There are some attributes on cheaper priced detectors,,,,,would be nice if some of the higher prices had or would do.

Different tech,,,like FBS/FBS 2 has advantages and disadvantages.

Etrac right now,,,IMO best deep silver detector for the money (unit that is made and can be serviced by manufacturer)
And having aftermarket coil selection is grand.

Other detector models,,,some good ones out there.

This thread,,,has a title similar to a thread I started a while ago ( was my mistake,, btw and I learned a valuable lesson),,,,thread deleted too btw-- a good thing.

It is I guess human nature to cherish what we use and own.
But we need to be careful here on forums.

Why??

Some great folks here,,and some mighty fine finds have been found with cheaper priced detectors ( these may fall into class as Ford pinto,,Chevy Vega, corvair,,,for some of the older folks reading. Lol

Use what you have,,,,read up if you intend to purchase.
Call some sponsors here,,they will help,steer you,,,I think most have used or are using what they sell.

A New Year needs a right start.

I hope everyone makes some great finds--- they are out there,,,this forum along with some of its participants proves it.

Yep, summed it up hours ago in post 49 http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2699362&postcount=49

When I said "Short answer, there is no perfect detector OP... it's all a matter of opinion and location!":cool:

Bottom line here for folks really interested in a thoughtful answer.

There are some attributes on cheaper priced detectors,,,,,would be nice if some of the higher prices had or would do.

Different tech,,,like FBS/FBS 2 has advantages and disadvantages.

Etrac right now,,,IMO best deep silver detector for the money (unit that is made and can be serviced by manufacturer)
And having aftermarket coil selection is grand.

Other detector models,,,some good ones out there.

This thread,,,has a title similar to a thread I started a while ago ( was my mistake,, btw and I learned a valuable lesson),,,,thread deleted too btw-- a good thing.

It is I guess human nature to cherish what we use and own.
But we need to be careful here on forums.

Why??

Some great folks here,,and some mighty fine finds have been found with cheaper priced detectors ( these may fall into class as Ford pinto,,Chevy Vega, corvair,,,for some of the older folks reading. Lol

Use what you have,,,,read up if you intend to purchase.
Call some sponsors here,,they will help,steer you,,,I think most have used or are using what they sell.

A New Year needs a right start.

I hope everyone makes some great finds--- they are out there,,,this forum along with some of its participants proves it.

Works for me. Actually if someone could create a detector soly for finding bacon that would be the Caddy of all.

Perfect detector? For me that would be the XP3030Pro. Whenever someone finally builds it, please let me know so that I can sell off some of these damn machines and free up some room in the back seat of my truck. :lol: :cheers:

Well, I am back from the dead and this post really got my attention.:shock: I have owned a lot of the Detectors mentioned including the AT Pro and some others.
I can tell you now with absolute certainty that the "Best" Detector is..........
whatever detector your comfortable using and whatever your comfortable spending. Granted the second part is a bit harder to control.:laughing:
But, as so many of my learned detectors have already mentioned, its what you are most comfortable with. If at all possible, try to test a detector before you go out and spend a lot of money and then find out you just don't care for it.
Anyway, that's my two cents. Good to be back and good luck to everyone in 2017!

I think Nectar and Scuba are fighting over who has the bigger MD, most credit cards etc and something about bacon. :lol:

Not quite. But close. I actually could care less who has the biggest detector, who is the best detectorist out there and who thinks they have the best machine. There is absolutely no best period. No machine is the top of the line for all.

I think the bacon part is the only thing that is agreeable.

Well, I am back from the dead and this post really got my attention.:shock: I have owned a lot of the Detectors mentioned including the AT Pro and some others.
I can tell you now with absolute certainty that the "Best" Detector is..........
whatever detector your comfortable using and whatever your comfortable spending. Granted the second part is a bit harder to control.:laughing:
But, as so many of my learned detectors have already mentioned, its what you are most comfortable with. If at all possible, try to test a detector before you go out and spend a lot of money and then find out you just don't care for it.
Anyway, that's my two cents. Good to be back and good luck to everyone in 2017!

Welcome back Patton, glad to see ya returned!

Back
Top Bottom