yard sale bottles

yacorie

Elite Member
Ended up paying $20 for about 100 bottles and put them in the truck - I saw a few that were interesting and figured I've spent $20 on worse things even if they all end up in the recycle bin.

I just put about half of them in the recycle bin. If I couldn't find anything on them to ID them or they were obviously not old, I tossed them.

I thought I was going to post a bunch of photos but my phone took videos. I'll go rephoto them and put together a quick list. Some of you know these things and know what I should add to the recycle me pile.

I'm always not sure what to do with known brands (i.e., small glass jergens lotion bottles).

Pics soon.

So there is a pretty wide range of random bottles that I kept. Some of them include Kreml Hair tonic, jergens lotion, various milk bottles, moxie soda, Citrate magnesia solution, Wild root (various), Ball jars, maple syrup only jars.

Nothing has been cleaned yet

Below are a ball jar with a funky design, a Thumbs Sunshine Polisher that is for furniture I think but I can't find any information. Still has the cork and remnants inside.

here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_0653.jpg
    IMG_0653.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 504
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 511
Below pics include John walk & Sons from Scotland, 2 different EH Hartshorn bottles from Boston MA, a Davis Vegetable Painkiller bottle. The embossing on the painkller bottle is very Crude. Also one of a few different Old Quaker Rye whiskey

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0649.jpg
    IMG_0649.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 518
  • IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 491
Only keep the ones you really enjoy and put the others in a yard sale for someone else.

At age 62 I'm thinking whatever I have I only get to keep maybe 20 years and then it'll be someone elses, so I only keep good stuff.

Only keep the ones you really enjoy and put the others in a yard sale for someone else.

At age 62 I'm thinking whatever I have I only get to keep maybe 20 years and then it'll be someone elses, so I only keep good stuff.

I'm in the process of doing some rearranging of the area where I display some bottles. I'll probably do what you're suggesting and just keep a few that I really like and unload the others.

I'm sure you had $20 worth of fun looking through all those!

I would keep the Johnnie Walker, Davis painkiller, Thumbs Polish, the 2 corkers in the 2nd pic, any milks, Moxie soda (& any other sodas), or anything not a screwtop. I generally keep the milks, Cokes and sodas, older beers, corkers, and anything really unusual.

About 2 years ago I posted about a surface dump that I found about 50 Old Quakers, saying the people must've been real boozers. :lol:

Like pplinker said, keep anything that you really like - that's what collecting is all about really. :yes:

Milk bottles can be low to fairly high value; depending on brand name...and condition of course. If they are embossed or still have printed labels you can read, do your research.

At some point Im' going to start a thread to show the 100s and 100s of bottles I've traded for recently. I was selling some hunting gear and happened to make a trade with a gentlemen that had tons of bottles.

At some point Im' going to start a thread to show the 100s and 100s of bottles I've traded for recently. I was selling some hunting gear and happened to make a trade with a gentlemen that had tons of bottles.
Nice! Pick out the best ones and upload a photo -

Nice! Pick out the best ones and upload a photo -

Haha that sounds so easy to do but when there are literally 100s and 100s, I don't even know where to begin.

i've done the first sort and have pulled out everything that is embossed, cool or older.

At some point I'll start trying to put them together and posting pictures.

Back
Top Bottom