Day After the Storm And The Night of Dorian

Surf Master

Forum Supporter
Hunted the low tide 4 hour's Friday night the night of the storm 10 foot waves surprizingly the storm flatened the beach out, No Cut, not much erosion , one- 925 silver ring , and one - copper antique ring, some change, than layed down for- 3 hours , than hit coin beach at 630 am- 1130 am Saturday for a 5 hour hunt looking for an English half penny , two hunter's out of- 40 found a English half penny , Dan from Nj , and a guy 25 yards' hunting North - coming my way myself hunting- South pulled one, another 2 minutes i would have found it :( , but that's my bad luck, not only a gold slump , but that guy pulled a Captain Silver on me, when up in CT hunting with Bruce he pulls a standing 15 feet from me :roll:, anyway , i am still a bit stiff from all the hunting , the 1st pick is the OC hunt, the 2nd. pick is Coin Beach hunt, slim to none on target's thier:mad: , plenty of sinker's- if you need fishing equipment :laughing: , anyway i had fun, met about 10 guys that come down from PA, a small southern Pa club, cool guy's, and a few that came down from Nj. Beside two that found English half pennies , not much out of 40 guy's, hunted shallow water, towel line, slope, some bottom dune, 8 foot wave's made it imposible to hunt the water, Now it's Bike Week this week, unless Lisa want's to take a spin, most likely i wont do any hunting till after Bike week's over , happy hunting, Earl PS OBN - OC COP was a NO show, Dan From Nj knows him, both of us never saw him , i got thier at 630am left 1130am.

Attachments

• P1010102.jpg
    P1010102.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 886
  • P1010103.jpg
    P1010103.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 872
All those sinkers from a storm and no gold ? How does that happen ? Maybe the other 40 guys lied to you. They found all the gold...

Kob

No, Coin Beach is a place in Delaware that people hunt , usually after a storm , a good fishing spot, for 80 bucks a year Delaware resident can take his 4 wheel drive vehicle on the beach, and fish, and take your dogs , sinker's rang up a 16 on the nox running the 15 coil , i let plenty GO, I was thier for the Engish half pennies , and some stray Gold G's have been found , but it's slim pickens , unless you want lead :laughing: , look up the Faithful Stewart wreck , a long time ago, and most of the wreck's treasure has been salvaged , happy hunting. PS Coin Beach is a waste of time unless after a STORM, Hurricane Durian blew by the night before , happy hunting.

Earl I got the final report from OC and coin beach...No gold found at all in OC..just a few silver rings. OCCop did get out but he's selling his rental so he was limited on time. Coin beach the end number was 3 coppers found, and tons of sinkers.

Glad you got out, more of that treasure will show, sooner or later.

I stayed home, family obligations..water in the bay is up but I did slip out today..my storm gold..but from the bay.

Attachments

• OBN-0006.jpg
    OBN-0006.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 852
Obn

The killer for me on the coin beach hunt , was the guy hunting North with his girlfriend supervisor pulling a non bent perfect roundness English half penny in my lane when i was hunting South, he said he just pulled it, 25 yard's 2 minutes away it would have been MINE :frustrated::foottap: you know Joe , i was thier for the old coins , nothing else , he was complaining he couldn't make out what it was , i should have offered all my sinkers for it , he probably would have taken it :lol: , however it wouldn't be the same, if i wasn't the one that found it, storms don't come up the coast often , luck was not on my side as usual .

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. A guy plucked one right beside me.

If I ever want one I'll go down to the shell shop/ museum and buy one.

I have seen conditions where there are no apparent cuts just flattened out like you described and the hunting was great. It could've been flattened out a foot or more and it looks like nothing was eroded but its there. The targets tell you.

that is odd, all those sinkers and no gold. I watch some youtube guys who hunt Daytona Beach and marvel at the lack of gold they find. But what the heck, they are "at the beach" having fun and I am 7 hours away from the beach.

Well maybe after Bike week some of those many thousands of bikers, their wives and girlfriends will get hot and take a dip and drop some bling.

Last edited:
Hunted the low tide 4 hour's Friday night the night of the storm 10 foot waves surprizingly the storm flatened the beach out, No Cut, not much erosion , one- 925 silver ring , and one - copper antique ring, some change, than...
Holy cow, you went detecting! :lol: Eh, about the same in these parts. Erosion happened but not in the places I was hoping to hunt.

goodmore

I herd Dale was hunting down thier , Friday- night of the storm who own's that musium above the shell shop , year's ago in 2012, i found a navigational device from the 1800s on coin beach, i took it to Dale for xray's, he said he is not doing any xrays till winter, at that time i lived on the Western shore , i new i wouldn't be back over the winter , i asked him if he had anything for trade , he said he just got back from a dive on the treasure coast and had some KG2nd's , i picked one out of soaking, before i did that , behind the glass he showed -and put in my hand a Gold Ginni- from the Faithful Stewart wreck off coin beach , i would love to find one of them , but i could hunt for another 10 year's after storms on coin beach , and not find one, as OBN corrected me only 3 English half pennies were found Saturday , out of 40- ish hunter's , anyway i am keeping my head high , as my kind of weather is coming Fall, even though the fresh drop's will be few till the season vacationer's return, hopefully a few storm's will bring my replentished beaches back to life , happy hunting. PS DDs , i get out a little more than you, however i don't find the Florida Pay Day gold like you do up here hunting 64 block's with very little pay day's does nothing for the moral :(:lol:, it's a downer for motivation , get my drift :laughing:

Attachments

• P1000028.JPG
    P1000028.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 681
That's more silver and lead than I found on my last hunt Earl- congrats! At least you were finding heavy targets and the gold was within reach. ;)

Earl i hunted before, during and after the storm and only found like 4 sinkers total. All i got was this small 14k artcarved at 2 grams. Thought it was a titanium fishing rod guide at first:shock: Think it was Swinglow who found the last gold smaller than a dime? Some of the waves offshore we saw breaking during the storm were scary as all get out though:wow: Saw one that made me look like an ant. Cool thing was when it crashed it had the wind blow the mist out to sea. Wish i had a camera that day.

Attachments

• IMG_6353.jpg
    IMG_6353.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 553
All that mania over some KG half pennies? We find those things like pull tabs up here in CT. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swing low

Ya, old history up thier, old silver, old gold is up thier , I know seated is up thier , and I know stink mud is up thier , the point was English half pennies from the Faithful Stewart Wreck , along with Gold Ginni's , after the storm people hunt this beach for one reason , to find shipwreck coins , nothing else, go back to sleep :roll:

Back
Top Bottom