Just Shy of a Honker

jjm861

Elite Member
With the King Tides here in So. Cal., I finally was able to get out this morning. Even though there was no sand movement, with the huge negative tide, I was able to get pretty far out.

Some good targets that may have been out of reach for a while. A nice little .925 "crown ring" and an "ALMOST A HONKER" 9.78g 14k band made for a super fun day at the beach.

Good Luck....Be Safe....Jeff.

Attachments

• IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_1393.jpg
    IMG_1393.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 597
:dingding: That gold looks like it was for a big fat finger which is why it weighs nicely! Good job getting out and hunting specifically for your tides.

I would say that passes as a honker, Noice one!
Didn't we not just recently go through this and establish 10 grams as a honker? I will not sit idly by as we continue to lower our standards!!! Soon pirates everywhere will start saying that 5 grams is a honker. We must hold the line here pirates! :p:lol:

Last edited:
Great job Jeff- congrats!!!! Honker or not, that is one sweet find! :yes: I actually got out a little early Friday morning myself. No gold but it sure felt good to get out again. I love to hunt at 3am in a tee shirt. :D

That baby is so close to a honker I would dip it in water then throw it on the scale!! That should tip the scale!

:kingdances:

So... we're back to defining a "honker" eh? :laughing:

R5

Nice honklet. I'm sure it was a ten-grammer to start with, but wave action in the sand no doubt polished off that fraction of a gram. Tops off a good two-ring hunt quite nicely!

Back
Top Bottom