Suggestions wanted: best small coil for MXT

Texaspast

Elite Member
I have a White's MXT with a stock 9.5" coil. We've had a love/hate relationship over the years, but I've grown accustomed to her, I suppose. There is a place that I have hunted over the years, an old church yard way out in the woods. You've got to know it is there to find it.

Anyway, it was abandoned as a church about 100 years ago and now is maintained by the cemetery committee and the 'homecoming' group - an annual reunion picnic is held every year. I've found silver dimes, buffalo nickels, wheat and indian head pennies, etc. But the area around the picnic tables each about 30" long) is lousy with pull tabs and bottle caps. I figure if I had a smaller coil, it would help me find the 'gooder' stuff in-between the aluminum trash.

So my question for you folks with experience with such is - of the smaller coils available for the MXT, which is the best for this type of hunting? BTW - I've recently purchased a Deus with an 11" coil, but it and I are not yet speaking the same language, and I'm not sure it will do as good a job in the environment I described as the MXT with a smaller coil.

Im gonna follow this post as I have also been looking for a smaller coil for the MXT......

I love the SEF 8x6 over the stock 10inch DD its just as deep... its great in heavy iron.

Don't have an MXT but I use the 6" concentric on my IDX.
Great coil in the trashy spots.
Think it's called a 5.3 for the mxt version.

Don't have an MXT but I use the 6" concentric on my IDX.
Great coil in the trashy spots.
Think it's called a 5.3 for the mxt version.

I have found few coils as good as the Bullseye 5.3 on my IDX as well...I think you need the “V-rated” version for the MXT. I have an Explorer,I have a CTX...but you will NEVER pry the 5.3 and the IDX out of my hands.

The SEF 6" or White's 4x6. I didn't like the 5.3 coil, something about the design wouldn't let you get very close to fences, the SEF 6" is a lot better.

You should not need a V rated coil, the MXT was out before the V3 was released.

Back
Top Bottom