• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Getting started again...

PaPa K

Just joined up as I am anticipating the arrival of my Nox 600 on Monday. Previous experience, started with a BH 2 40+ years ago, back in the analog meter, gold case days when the logo was the fellow with the mustache. About 15 years ago had a Minelab unit that had only audio, no display. Pretty sensitive and worked well, but Work got in the way, but as retirement gets closer I wanted to get back into detecting. Also recently moved to N. Idaho and there are many old farms and homesteads that I am hoping to get access to via some established friends.

:wave: Welcome from Ohio. I have the 600 and really like it. Good luck and Happy Hunting.

You’ll be amazed at how machines have changed Papa,it will make you WANT to learn more about it and how you can operate it more effectively. I don’t have that machine but have a couple of it’s cousins and the more you run it the more you’ll love it. Good luck when you get going again,there’s NOTHING like a good treasure hunt!

You’ll be amazed at how machines have changed Papa,it will make you WANT to learn more about it and how you can operate it more effectively. I don’t have that machine but have a couple of it’s cousins and the more you run it the more you’ll love it. Good luck when you get going again,there’s NOTHING like a good treasure hunt!

you are right liking it more as you learn it. On my 800 the first month I thought there was something seriously wrong with either me or the detector or both.

It took me from March 2018 to about now to tame the 800 and learn how to effectively use it. You cannot learn this machine with the manual alone like the AT Pro. I really used forums, youtube and over 100 hours of hunting with the 800 to learn.

One of its great features is the ability to fine tune it from hunt to hunt. One day hunting a trashy park or the next day hunting CW relics or beach hunting. Had an AT pro for 3 years before my Equinox 800 and really thought I knew a lot about metal detecting. The 800 forces you to either learn or sell.

Back
Top Bottom