Weight Loss Challenge

man, my wife made sloppy joes, deviled eggs and coleslaw last night.

I don't think I'm in the top 5 anymore lol

yeah it is hard to keep a diet I ate 1 chocolate munchkin at work today because i could smell them and see them from where my desk is. But atleast i went for a 2 mile walk yesterday so it should even out. I think I lost few more pounds this week but not as much as last week I hope im still high on the list cause i could use a propointer :D

Just sent in my weekly 02/26 weight. Went down 1 pound. Walked 2 miles every week day. BUT Friday night at 99 Restaurant, Saturday IHOP restaurant, Saturday Night Olive Garden restaurant!..and coming up Daytona 500 snacks!!!!!! And So It Goes.

:( went up about a pound! :mad: and I am not starting off this week to good. Large family brunch, biscuits and grave with other stuff too, followed by cake and ice cream. Hope everyone else had a better week!

After a 1 lbs gain in the first week I am down a few lbs in the second week! This week I give up my Pepsi! :crying: So hopefully this week will be better! :grin:

Slow and steady loss. Not much but a move in the negative direction is all it's about. Sent in my weight this morning.

Had a cold all week and surprised I didn't lose a thing. But I guess I wasn't that sick to do so. I gotta get stuck on a good diet. Need the wife to stop making cookies lol. Had to make some the other day cause they were about to expire. Hate to see food go to waste lol. Maybe tomorrow when I walk(willingly) to the Post Office. I'll extend it and make it worth my while.

:gaah:
Had a cold all week and surprised I didn't lose a thing. But I guess I wasn't that sick to do so. I gotta get stuck on a good diet. Need the wife to stop making cookies lol. Had to make some the other day cause they were about to expire. Hate to see food go to waste lol. Maybe tomorrow when I walk(willingly) to the Post Office. I'll extend it and make it worth my while.

I am in the same boat, although I didn't have a cold, just a bad backache couldn't do much before it started hurting bad and I had to sit or laydown. Got feeling really good the last few days and when I got up this morning I threw my neck out and now I can hardly turn my head.:mad: The cookies are a problem here too, had a talk with the wife this week that she shouldn't make any more cookies for awhile. She agreed but then she got the valentines gift she bought for me that came late......A box of fudge!:mad::pullhair::furious::gaah: Not a good week.......This coming week will be better, I promise!:D:lol: My weigh in time is in twenty minutes....I wonder how much weight I can lose in twenty minutes if I can't hardly turn my head since my neck is so sore??? Any suggestions?

if you drink diet pepsi it is better for you

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY DIET SODAS!!

There have been multiple studies that have proven that not only are diet sodas not better for you in regards to weight loss, but in fact the aspertame (artificial sweetener) is actually worse.

I drank nothing but diet soda for years and got fat. The second I stopped and started to drink water only, I lost almost 20 pounds!

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY DIET SODAS!!

There have been multiple studies that have proven that not only are diet sodas not better for you in regards to weight loss, but in fact the aspertame (artificial sweetener) is actually worse.

I drank nothing but diet soda for years and got fat. The second I stopped and started to drink water only, I lost almost 20 pounds!

I know the aspertame is worse for you because it causes cancer but as far as weight watchers goes it has no points. however that being said no soda is the best way to loose weight

Buffalo Burger's

Vex
You seem well schooled in health and nutrition.

What is your take on Buffalo /Bison meat?

I have been eating it for the last year.
It has less cholesterol then chicken and some fish from
what I'm reading.?

Have you ever tried it?? One down side is it is pricey.

Guess I'm lucky I lost 1 lb. but if I was sick in other ways it could be more lol. Lost like 5 lbs. one weekend when I got a stomach bug.
At least today I came home from the store and walked to the post office. Just really need to get out of this funk from not really working full time in over a year.
I'd be losing alot if I was. And haven't had any side work in a couple months unfortunately. Gotta do whatever to make it by.
I'd love to get the propointer here, at least theres plenty more time to go.

Vex
You seem well schooled in health and nutrition.

What is your take on Buffalo /Bison meat?

I have been eating it for the last year.
It has less cholesterol then chicken and some fish from
what I'm reading.?

Have you ever tried it?? One down side is it is pricey.

Buffalo meat is really good for you compared to other meats.

If you take Choice Beef, select Beef, Skinless Chicken, Pork, Salmon and Buffalo meats and compared the nutritional value of a 100 gram serving...

Fat
Buffalo: 2.42
Beef (choice): 10.15
Beef (Select): 8.09
Pork: 9.66
Chicken: 7.41
Salmon: 10.97

Calories
Buffalo: 143
Beef (choice): 219
Beef (Select): 201
Pork: 212
Chicken: 190
Salmon: 216

Cholesterol
Buffalo: 82
Beef (choice): 86
Beef (Select): 86
Pork: 86
Chicken: 89
Salmon: 87

Buffalo meat is also the highest in Iron and second higest in vitamin B12 (after Salmon)

Yes it is more expensive and the reason is it isnt mass produced, which is a good thing. Buffalo are usually just left alone to graze in a field somewhere and arent bothered with chemicals and hormones.

Back
Top Bottom