Copper Memorials, then the Montana Silver Train!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Headed up to Missoula MT this Saturday early afternoon with about a 6 hour block to hunt with the AT Pro. Great weather, partly cloudy with temps in the 70's, very comfortable!

I started on a curb strip and was raking in the copper "house pennies" and clad dimes and quarters, but was hoping for some older stuff. I did get the larger "925" marked fancy ring in this first curb strip. Crossed the street in this neighborhood when I saw some folks home (which has mostly homes from the 1930's and 1940's) and got permission at a 1937 corner house. The curb strip in front produced my first Silver Rosie, and some Wheaties. The yard gave up more Wheaties, and near a small tree I got a 91-92 on the Pro, turned out to be a good looking 1945 Walking Liberty Half! Crossed the street again when I saw some folks home, and got the OK on a 1950 house with a good looking front yard. I made it a point to pass on the surface copper pennies, and dig the quieter high tones. Was rewarded with 2 more Silver Rosies, and a few Wheaties. The curb strip in front of the home gave up a 1944 Mercury Dime.

I ended up with the 5 silvers and lots of clad, and headed home happy to have enjoyed an afternoon of detecting and some good finds to put a smile on my face! First pic shows all the clad, 2nd pic the 20 wheaties and shiny finds.

Attachments

• claddy1.jpg
    claddy1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 552
  • claddy2.jpg
    claddy2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 501
You are having an amazing year! Congrats on the pile o silver and other nice finds.

Wow amazing hunt! That's a really cool piece of sterling too, congrats!

Thanks Cellr!

Looks like another nice hunt for you. Congrats.

HD

Thank you HD!

You are having an amazing year! Congrats on the pile o silver and other nice finds.

Thanks JWP, have had some good recent finds!

Looks like a nice hunt. Love to see the top of the ring. Hint... Hint...

Will post pic right away, thank you!

Cool finds I have yet to find a slq 😤

Thanks claddy, and good luck in your search!

pic of top side of ring

Here is a photo of the top side of the ring, it has some sparkly things in the finish that didn't show up well in the photo. Have not cleaned it yet still has dirt in a few places.

Attachments

• ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 474
The pile of clad in the top pix looked punishing. But the silver of the 2nd pix looked redeeming ! :cool3:

The pile of clad in the top pix looked punishing. But the silver of the 2nd pix looked redeeming ! :cool3:

You nailed it Tom! That first curb strip, other than the silver ring, was a veritable cornucopia of modern coins, but the rest of the afternoon and evening definitely made up for it!

Back
Top Bottom