Vintage Rolling Rock Beer?

Shane724

Hey all, pulled this 7 oz Rolling Rock Premium Beer Latrobe Brewing Co PA off the surface today at South Mountain Reservation South Orange NJ.

Any ideas as to a date range on this style Rolling Rock bottle? Thanks!

13e615603546542d07205f9010bbe17b.jpg

06b7ad57ce9126e69fd634851e35a1de.jpg

04cbb3a7d34dbc5e0bebccb569581988.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any date code on the bottom? Many times theres a two-digit code on bottom.

Surprised it still has contents, usually they freeze in Winter and bust. Or some of the contents evaporate inside.

Any date code on the bottom? Many times theres a two-digit code on bottom.

Surprised it still has contents, usually they freeze in Winter and bust. Or some of the contents evaporate inside.

Thanks for the info! There is a 2 digit code, 45

I was surprised to see to it unopened and full as well and a surface find at that. Hope it’s truly unopened and not someone’s piss

6571cdcbc02a4f64d15ba7ae010c005a.jpg

Yeah that 45 wouldn't be the date. I'd say that bottle is late 60s-early 70s, possibly later if the cap's a twist-off. Can't tell if that bottle cap is a twist-off or church key type.

That beer bottle shape is early 1980s to me. Falstaff tried an embossed bottle somewhere in that era, think they were too blah and didn't succeed

Thanks for the info! There is a 2 digit code, 45

I was surprised to see to it unopened and full as well and a surface find at that. Hope it’s truly unopened and not someone’s piss

Well if it taste's like piss, it's probably Rolling Rock.:laughing:

That beer bottle shape is early 1980s to me. Falstaff tried an embossed bottle somewhere in that era, think they were too blah and didn't succeed

Yeah Falstaff and Michelob (among others) did that bulbous shape on their bottles in the late 60s-early 70s era. Mickeys and others also had the barrel shaped bottles, Mickey's still does. Still see lots of them laying around in the woods Emptied more than a few in those days.:lol:

Attachments

• 33f4a77d11ea8ec54bb7eca608e058f4.jpg
    33f4a77d11ea8ec54bb7eca608e058f4.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 461
Rolling Rock has always been a pretty good beer, and the only good tasting beer that comes in a green bottle..

"From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you.”

Rolling Rock has always been a pretty good beer, and the only good tasting beer that comes in a green bottle..

"From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment as a tribute to your good taste. It comes from the mountain springs to you.”

That is because you drink Heineken all wrong... set it out in the sun and drink it warm... cold beer sucks.

You could blindfold me and line up beers and I could tell you which were green bottles by the taste.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

You are aware of what bears and other animals do in those mountain springs? :D

Back
Top Bottom