Nickel park still giving up silver

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
So me and a buddy went back to a grown over turn of the century park today. Last week was our first trip back as over the summer its been too thick to hunt. I named it nickel park because of all the V nickels we have found there. Also IHPs and Wheaties were found with an occasional Merc or Barber dime. Last week things changed with my buddy getting 8 silvers including a quarter trifecta, me with 2 Barber dimes and so on. Today did not disappoint , just starting in the path my buddy says 12-47, good one here, 38 Gw. Great start, two minutes later I get a 28-29. two inches down a 1914 Barber dime. Hell of a way to start a hunt. Not five minutes later a 25-26 bingo a Merc at two inches. I yell over todays my day for a trifecta. NOT he did dig a Rosie but that was the only one for the day. A little later I get a 19, An IHP. that made my day, if I hadn't found one more coin I would have been happy with that. So next, within five minutes I get a loud 25-26 warble, like a surface coin, I'm thinkin this has to be a memorial penny, nope, under the leaves is another Merc. First four targets, 3 silver and an IHP. I should have stopped and played the lottery on the way home. My buddy was on his way to another quarter trifecta but fell short, he did manage two Barber quarter with the GW. Also a Rosie and a Merc. 6 IHPs 4 Buffs V nickle 16 wheats. Me I went on to dig another IHP, 15 Wheaties another Barber dime, and 3 more Mercs. I'm pretty sure this a personal high for me on silver in one hunt AlsoI did dig a Buff as well. For me it seem my white whale are Buffalo nickles. I have dug a bunch of V nickels, War nickels, no problem, but when it comes to Buffs I just can't seem to get my coil over one. Today was only the second all year. In the rap up we dug very little clad and a total of 62 coins. The hail sent us running for the truck and it looks like the weather not to good for tomorrow but I can't wait to see what else is there. HH Mark

Attachments

• 20181020_202445.jpg
    20181020_202445.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 395
  • 20181020_203655.jpg
    20181020_203655.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 373
  • 20181020_194852.jpg
    20181020_194852.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 346
  • 20181020_194917.jpg
    20181020_194917.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 356
  • 20181020_202724.jpg
    20181020_202724.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 368
Amazing hunt! I've had 6 silver in one hunt but never quite that many.....and older ones at that!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Very nice haul! Seems like one heck of a spot. Silvers seem to only trickle in one at a time for me these days.

Congrats Mark, you are kickin ash!! All the older parks here are fill dirt nowadays. Your best luck in a park is a new park in a new development built over an old farm field. :lol:

Thanks Ron

Congrats Mark, you are kickin ash!! All the older parks here are fill dirt nowadays. Your best luck in a park is a new park in a new development built over an old farm field. :lol:

Believe it or not this place has been hunted a lot over the years it just seems this one area was overlooked for one reason or another. Had to have been with all the shallow old coins. HH Mark

Thank you sir

Congrats on a great hunt. Nice assortment of silvers. HH & GL

Bubba, The Equinox is a little jumpy but it does find the coins. I had a small area, maybe 3 ft. in diameter that I pulled 6 or 7 Wheaties from, a couple in the roots and some down to 6-7 in. deep. In Park 2-5 tone it was IDing them as 28-29 and some 30-31. Have you had this problem with either of you Equinox ? HH Mark

Bubba, The Equinox is a little jumpy but it does find the coins. I had a small area, maybe 3 ft. in diameter that I pulled 6 or 7 Wheaties from, a couple in the roots and some down to 6-7 in. deep. In Park 2-5 tone it was IDing them as 28-29 and some 30-31. Have you had this problem with either of you Equinox ? HH Mark
I've been using my 800with the 6" coil and Park 1. The penny signals usually run anywhere from 20-24 and are pretty steady. Once in awhile I get a jumpy signal but this is mainly because there is some junk close to the coin. I haven't found a wheatie lately. I did hunt my local football stadium yesterday ( last home game Friday night ). I set the sens. way up and got some quarters and a parking token under the bleachers I had previously missed.
GL & HH keep the silver streak going.

That is a super nice outing Mark. Barber's, Merc's, Indians and a Buffalo. Now that is an awesome take. Congrats to you and your buddy on some very stellar hunts. Trapper

Wow, you guys are on a great spot there! Congrats on the great finds Mark. I wish my local park hunts were that productive!

Back
Top Bottom