X pointer

I purchased one of these a couple weeks ago. I have had a garrett Pinpointer for a couple years. It has been sent back to garrett twice for service and still is not reliable. I fiqured the x pointer was a better option than getting a used garrett. It seems to be built well and is deeper than my garrett ever was. Time will tell but so far it seems to be a great deal. HH

Weekend warrior

Looking at Barts video and the air test being done with a very large coin. I did the same test maxed out on sensitivity and used a silver dime and the distance was right at an inch. I found that it's sensitivity seemed to be very much equal to the results I got from the RS pin pointer. Everything else seemed to be fine.

Im am baffled at people saying bad things about this pin pointer, I mean everyone has a opinion and thats cool but I don't understand things like "its just a generic black pin pointer" well ya its a pin pointer like ALL the other pin pointers. Look at the top 4 pin pointers, they all look the same, looks are really irrelevant here. The facts are its a PI pin pointer for 30% less money than the Pro Pointer, good quality materials, its sturdy and if you are like me and always dig around the plug with your pin pointer then in my honest opinion the Xpointer is by far the choice for you. If you want maximum depth and a solid warranty then TRX is your pick. Look obviously I can't say it will last for ever, as the thing JUST was released, but I can tell you it works great, get a bit more depth then my pro pointer and never falses while digging around a plug. I would recommend this pin pointer to anyone 100%. The warranty thing is being blown out of proportion imo, I bought a $1000 Generator last year and it didn't have a warranty card, I ended up having a problem with it earlier this summer and it was replaced with a brand new one, no questions asked. The point is just because a company does something different doesn't mean its bad.

HH all,
Rich

I agree 100 percent. I made the same point earlier !

I asked in another thread if anyone used the companies waterproof pin pointer yet and didn't get any responses but now I see they have updated their website and it now says arriving in 2015 so obviously it isn't released yet but I am still curious, how many people are going to give THIS waterproof version a shot as well?

HH,
Rich

Looking at Barts video and the air test being done with a very large coin. I did the same test maxed out on sensitivity and used a silver dime and the distance was right at an inch. I found that it's sensitivity seemed to be very much equal to the results I got from the RS pin pointer. Everything else seemed to be fine.

The test was done on a quarter. At max sensitivity we measured right at 2" today.

If max depth is needed look at the Whites TRX Pin Pointer. It is much deeper and more expensive.

I asked in another thread if anyone used the companies waterproof pin pointer yet and didn't get any responses but now I see they have updated their website and it now says arriving in 2015 so obviously it isn't released yet but I am still curious, how many people are going to give THIS waterproof version a shot as well?

HH,
Rich

It is still in production. Not coming soon for sure.

Being that it is PI, does the air tests mean anything? Do PI machines air test well? I know FBS machines don't like air but stick them to the dirt and it's another story. So does in the field comparison hold up to air test or better or worse results?

Being that it is PI, does the air tests mean anything? Do PI machines air test well? I know FBS machines don't like air but stick them to the dirt and it's another story. So does in the field comparison hold up to air test or better or worse results?

Air test against air test is valid. Air test vs in ground test not valid. In ground tests should be on targets that have been in the soil undisturbed for a good period of time and have not been disturbed to be totally valid. It is said that PI machines tend to do a bit better in soil than in air.

well one thing is for sure the x pointer is getting plenty of free advertising on here :)

A good portion of the comments were about some marketing procedures and not about the machine. Things should settle down now and be dedicated to the performance of this new device.

I just wanted to follow up.. I have been using the x pointer for a while now daily being rough with it and it works perfect still. I really like it and prefer it over others i own as of now. So as it stands my only thought is how long will it last? If it has longevity then i will sell my others ;)

Ditto

Same here Bill.... The xpointer rocks! Been usin it ddaily or nightly as well. Good call! My two propointers are backups or loaners now.

Thanks!

. Ron

I have been behind the Xpointer from the day I seen it and been someone that 100% recommends it since the day I got mine. There were a lot of people who had negative things to say about it, and I defended it every time! I think that Deteknik hit a home run with it, I know it doesn't have the depth of the TRX but when I had my TRX I never had it maxxed anyways lol, it was falsing constantly so to me the GPP was still my go to pin pointer until the Xpointer, and then when I got my hands on the Xpointer I was hooked. I got the same depth as my GPP, actually even a bit more on some targets and the major thing for me (and I know I said it before) is the fact that the thing jut does NOT false while digging with it, and I truly love digging around the hole with my pin pointer, plus it comes with several extra protection tips and a recoil cord! All for $40-50 cheaper than the GPP and $70 cheaper than the TRX, I love it. I have been Metal Detecting for going on 5 years now and the Xpointer has been the 2nd best value to quality buy I have ever made, right behind the Tesoro Compadre! I am looking forward to Deteknik waterproof pin pointer now!

HH,
Rich

I got mine a few days ago. It has worked flawlessly for about 5 hours of detecting so far.

I'm new to the hobby and my first pinpointer was a Pro-Pointer, as recommended by these forums. It was falsing the first day i got it and after a month got so bad that I only had to slightly shake it to make it false. Tried fixing it myself (because there was no mention anywhere on the box or paperwork of a warranty, so I assumed there wasn't one) and broke it further even though I followed the directions to not break the switch. Decided I'm better off just getting a new pinpointer than taking another risk with the pro-pointer.

The X-Pointer has been of equal of greater quality than the Garrett pro-pointer in pretty much every way. It has essentially the same level of detection as the Garrett, does not false (yes, its true, even if you push REALLY hard against the side of a plug), looks and feels essentially the same, and performs the same basic functions equally well. Not to mention that it has more detection modes.

I normally try to buy American made products, but the value for the money with the X-Pointer is off the charts when compared to the Pro-Pointer.

The only possible negative is that it doesn't quite reach a constant ring if it is right on the object. It gets to its maximum sound at about 1/2 inch from the object which can sometimes cause confusion because I'm not always sure if I have to dig more or if the metal is now exposed.

I am stoked China are showing hobbyists that they can make detecting gear that works & is affordable - I cant wait to get one to go with my GoldFinder2 .....:cool:

I believe that if you read some of the recent reports you will see that this lower cost import is having a hard time seeing some of the metals (gold) that other current pointers find easy. If you are a coin shooter this new device seems to work well but misses some of the good stuff. choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom