Don't buy the advertised "metal detecting shovels" for 50 bucks!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started with that exact one, then upgraded to the Lesche. It worked for me but I really like my Lesche better. PS just think how you would have felt buying a 250.00 plumb bob from them.:D

I took my 31" Sampson serrated T-handle out for a spin. It is excellent. Press it in to form out your plug a few times, pry it up and presto. It a lot of soil it is much cleaner than the plunge and slice action using the Lesche sod tool. Very nice plugs.

I just don't feel comfortable being seen in a park with anything larger than a lesche. Anything that requires putting a foot on a tool to dig will definitely draw attention. I can always sense when people are watching what I'm doing, some are just curious, and some are trying to see what kind of damage will be left behind. I try to detect under the radar and to not draw too much attention to what I am doing. I like being sort of stealthy which is why I dig with my back to people at all times. Probably drives them crazy wondering what I am finding.

I agree Ramer... Even when at a private house , I try to retrieve the easy readings while being watched closely with my screwdriver type tool..And I would never take a shovel.type tool to a park or school.. If I do get a seven or eight inch reading.. I ussuslly turn my back toward the audience if I can..lol.. glad I ain't the only one that feels this way..

Last edited:
I agree Ramer... Even when at a private house , I try to retrieve the easy readings while being watched closely with my screwdriver type tool..And I would never take a shovel.type tool to a park or school.. If I do get a seven or eight inch reading.. I ussuslly turn my back toward the audience if I can..lol.. glad I ain't the only one that feels this way..

It would be nice if everyone felt that way!

I will post what I bought. I'm not asking for a refund I'm just saying its not worth the money. I will pm you the model. And once again the link I posted is not the one I got at ace hardware I will also take a pic of it and the name of it. So please stop referring to th link and shovel I posted. I posted it just for a reference. I just haven't had the time to put a correct link (if I can find one) and you will see a correct picture soon. Like I said thisnismjust a post to warn new comers and even old hunters alike not just to buy something because it's on a metal detecting site or it's associated with metal detecting. Shop and ask around before you buy.

I still need to know which model you purchased so I can see if there is a design flaw in it or if perhaps the one you received was defective.

Let me know... Thanks.

Dan

Just to be clear, the digger in the link above is not $59.99 we sell that digger for $10 and give it away in several packages.

If the digger broke and you got it from Kellyco, we will replace it in most cases...

Dan

Slightly off topic but as im talking to someone from kellyco its a good time to ask, why isnt there a package price for say a detector, garret propointer, lesche digger, pouch that doesnt look like a butchers apron and some decent knee pads for the beginners.

I know it would look more expensive but it would be "the ultimate package' for anyone taking up the sport again or asking people about whats the best deal, not price but all you really need as comparred to what you get most for the dollar but will never use.

I comparred kellyco to my local shop and was close to pulling the trigger and buying from kelly co but i got to see exactly what the thigns looked like, felt like understood the propointers vibration and battery length for the detector, propointer and reviews that were more then sycophantic.

I know you sell great machines and yes cheaper machines equal cheaper quality or ability but you should have packages for each level, after all how many are upgrading, are buying new, buying for someone under the guidence of an experienced user and the bag of brik a brak really just fills up the minimumm requirment and 'free' magazines aka starting subscriptions.

Give raw prices, experienced prices, best recommended accesoris package prices, even if its only online its not like its going to cost you anything, you just mark in the profit and give us what we want and will remamber, quality detectors, quality accessories, real recommended goods and not just those offering the best profit, lets admit it some of the pro pointers you offer are almost (pardon the pun) pointless comparred to betetrquality and dare i say it more likely to keep new users both in the hobby and with a good deal and a good selection of accessories a returning customer for many years.

When you think about the ages of the buyers with the desposable capital to buy the packages with the better quality accessories they are middle ages or near retirment and that tend to remember who they got that deal from and also remember who they feel they got ripped off by or sold a good detector then brought back to earth with the cheap minimum requirment of hand shovel, pouch, coin retriever (does anyone even use them any more?)

I know if kelly co had the package id have wanted (at pro dual coil, garrett propointer, lesche hand digger, gel knee pads, quality gloves, relic book, and basic coin identifier, perhaps the shovel option for a sampson, lesche, predator, i know id not have gone to my local store and kelly co would have had a $1000 plus sale but the combination of plasitc digger, coin locator/handled piece of steal with a blob of solder on the tip, yet another magazine subscription, gloves that frankly having worked with stone for 20 years wouldnt last till lunchtime.

Just in idea

to all those who had bad luck with the Friskars, I have had mine for over a year now and put in almost 300 hours hunting with it last year, and I'm approaching 100 hours this year. Still going strong. Used it in the frozen ground last winter and it stayed strong. for $8, I'll stick with it, Even if it only last a couple years, way better than the Lesche in my opinion, and I have used a lesche before.

I'm using a lesche in massachusetts with roots, stone, subbase etc and its frankly lasted when i thought it would bend or break with stones down in an 8" hole and some tennis ball sized stone in the wall and prying it out, it cuts great flaps/plugs, and i havent walked away with any blistered palm after using it for 5 plus hours of constand digging (my side pouch was overflowing with finds) so maybe 200 - 300 holes, id say comparred to those red handles diggers you see in the packages its light years ahead hand digging wise.

The only thing id consider better for park digging would be a giant sized short stemmed golf hole digger that i could just place, twist, pull and then retrieve the find but thats pie in the sky, for the real world of stones, roots, can slaw, etc the lesche has it in the same way the garrett propointer has the pinpointing market

Clicked on the link and it shows a Letshe style digger made by Gator.. This looks like a good digger with a lifetime warranty.. and by reading the posts by the KellyCo guy on here ..It appears they are trying to make things right .. I guess it isn't their fault if you don't like this digger , but from what I see it looks like a quality well built product. I sure am glad KellyCo monitors this forum.. makes me think.that they do care

Dark Chameleon, We are currently working on new accessory packages for the more experienced user currently.

If you want a specific package built to your specs, all you need to do is PM me and I can build you the package you want along with a price that will include discounts not seen on the website.

Contact me and I will get you what you want for the price we can agree upon.

Metal-Magnet, as for the Gator digger, because I have no info on your actual order, I cannot look up your customer record and see what you paid and possibly refund you for the item you purchased. I am not sure where you ever found that digger for $49.95, that is the retail value and we sell it for $29.95 currently, it is also given away for free with most detector purchases. The Gator digger has a lifetime warranty and we will replace it for you if there is a problem. If you can send me your order number or your name the order was placed under, I will look it up and get you fixed up...

Dan

The dealer has gotten back to the OP and a path for resolution has been defined. This thread is now closed.

3. Constructive Posts vs. Bashing
- Constructive dialog about dealers and/or detectors is allowed, but the bashing of either is not permitted.
- Rants cause tension for everyone involved. Please attempt to remedy your problem with members/sponsors via PMs.
- When threads/posts become offensive or get reported, we will close them, or remove the offending comments. Dealer rants will be closed as soon as the dealers get back to the members.
- Troublemakers/trolls/spammers have no place on this forum and will be dealt with as the staff see fit. Administrative Suspensions and banning is enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom