Hero of Pea Ridge

jbrow

Elite Member
Went out to an old site today and found a couple goodies. Hero of Pea Ridge CW Token, 3 Indians, crushed CW button, and a bullet mold. I sure do like finding these old coins and relics, but it's a shame that they are in such bad shape.

Attachments

• 20181011_164422-1.jpg
    20181011_164422-1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 666
  • 20181011_164106-1.jpg
    20181011_164106-1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 669
  • 20181011_162157.jpg
    20181011_162157.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 632
  • 20181011_164134-1.jpg
    20181011_164134-1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 609
Went out to an old site today and found a couple goodies. Hero of Pea Ridge CW Token, 3 Indians, crushed CW button, and a bullet mold. I sure do like finding these old coins and relics, but it's a shame that they are in such bad shape.
Those ate some nice finds.. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Luv that bullet mold.

As far as the lament about the condition of the coins: Let's be totally honest: Our hobby and these coins wouldn't be HALF AS FUN , if the coins came out of the ground candy-apple clean, right ? :laughing:

Another CW token? and button, and multiple Indianheads, AND an awesome bullet mold??!!! You're in a good Civil War era zone. Awesome finds.

Anyone going to tell the story of the Hero of Pea Ridge, or do I gotta Google it myself? (lazy)

WOW! Love the bullet mold, that is super cool!!! Congrats on the great finds!

Those ate some nice finds.. Congrats

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

The bullet mold is awesome. Nice finds

Awesome finds!!! Congrats on the cool coins and relics

Awesome work JB!

<°)))>{

Great recovery.

Great stuff! Thank you for posting. Token is awesome! And the mold of course.

Another CW token? and button, and multiple Indianheads, AND an awesome bullet mold??!!! You're in a good Civil War era zone. Awesome finds.

Anyone going to tell the story of the Hero of Pea Ridge, or do I gotta Google it myself? (lazy)

Cool finds!:cool:

WOW! Love the bullet mold, that is super cool!!! Congrats on the great finds!

Thank you !

Luv that bullet mold.

As far as the lament about the condition of the coins: Let's be totally honest: Our hobby and these coins wouldn't be HALF AS FUN , if the coins came out of the ground candy-apple clean, right ? :laughing:

Thanks ! I don't mind a dirty, worn, field scraped, bent coin. I love the individuality each coin/relic or any other find has. Fortunately the indians come out fairly decent, I was mainly focusing on the CW tokens; like this one today, hardly identifiable. I guess I just like to know what I have...glad information is so readily available on the internet. All me and my buddy needed to do was type in " man on horse token civil war" ...

Here are my buddies finds from the day! His coil went over some great stuff !

Attachments

• 38684-1.jpg
    38684-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 455

It looks like a .44 caliber colt pistol ball mold. Have you miked the diameter, or are there any markings?

It looks like a .44 caliber colt pistol ball mold. Have you miked the diameter, or are there any markings?

I have a cheap set of calipers. Best I can tell they are about 8mm and 8mm × 18mm. Looks like about 0.30 standard or maybe 0.32

Back
Top Bottom