Gold and silver from the rocks

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Got out yesterday in crappy weather for one of those “sanity hunts” where you don’t even care if you find anything and go just to get away from the daily grind. It was raining with a stiff east wind which limited me to a beach that’s basically a giant rock pile with tons of iron and EMI. I spent 4 hours trying to find my happy place and in the process pulled 4 pieces of sterling, musketball and a 14k gold cross.
Hunted well into the dark until my stealth scoop finally had enough and cracked/folded. It was a good run but I don’t believe they’ll be able to fix it this time.
c81ff6fed732ee93595efca75549a93d.jpg

b20800966402ce4e3f7d2041a201cc3b.jpg

3f1592929ec51e4f1b6d32c610d78085.jpg

2df5201af829724632e5b79a6c57fc57.jpg

0dde06ede6febcfa87c41119ec2d2cc5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer finds!! I can’t imagine hunting a beach with rocks and iron and actually finding old stuff lol. I hunt Myrtle beach on my summer vacations and it’s 40 foot of sand lol. Congrats on all of your finds

:dingding: I'd be happy with the gold but pretty bummed out about the scoop.

Killer finds!! I can’t imagine hunting a beach with rocks and iron and actually finding old stuff lol. I hunt Myrtle beach on my summer vacations and it’s 40 foot of sand lol. Congrats on all of your finds

At least with the equinox, I can hear the good targets in the iron vs just getting nulls from the Excal I used to hunt with. I swear it’s like a Deus and an Excal all in one. There’s so much iron where I was hunting that it wasnt feasible to dig all the nulls with the Excal in the hopes of finding a good target masked in there. You’d be there all day digging rusted nails and !!!!. The equinox really shines in that heavy iron/salt environment. Now I can hear the iron grunts and the good targets hiding behind them. I’m finding so much stuff at beaches I gave up on. Lots of weird broken /wire type design jewelry too. Now we just gotta get Craig to buy one. I need to get a new coil cover and the 6” coil too.

At least with the equinox, I can hear the good targets in the iron vs just getting nulls from the Excal I used to hunt with. I swear it’s like a Deus and an Excal all in one. There’s so much iron where I was hunting that it wasnt feasible to dig all the nulls with the Excal in the hopes of finding a good target masked in there. You’d be there all day digging rusted nails and !!!!. The equinox really shines in that heavy iron/salt environment. Now I can hear the iron grunts and the good targets hiding behind them. I’m finding so much stuff at beaches I gave up on. Lots of weird broken /wire type design jewelry too. Now we just gotta get Craig to buy one. I need to get a new coil cover and the 6” coil too.

I dream of hunting a spot like you have!! With every signal it could be gold or silver!!!!

Good saves!

I have a rock beach I have to hunt with a shovel,no scoop will work there.
Its a good place!
I've never seen a stealth so thrashed!:shock:

You are doing it all wrong!
A shovel is the way to go. Why? They can be had for about 5-10 bucks. Break it just buy another one.
It would be a shame to toss such a nice scoop after all the butter it dug for you.
Get it repaired and send it to me and go the shovel route. :lol:

Nice going :) :yes: Interesting that you are getting to hit those old abandoned spots. Sounds like you run it in all metal to hear the hidden goodies among the iron. I know that's recommended everywhere, but usually I only have 2 or 3 good hours to put in and usually hunt with the disc on.

Great rock hunt. Man you did the Stealth in! I never saw a Stealth that damaged. Maybe they will send you a new one.

nearly 3 years of hunting the rocky CT beaches put a hurt on this scoop. The tip has already been rewelded. Got an email from Owl Engineering (f/k/a Sunspot) telling me to ship it back to see what they can do. Will update when I hear back.

Kidding me Geo? Great results for a not perfect conditions hunt! Plus, busting up a Stealth has got to earn some respect! Nice! Although, that little pink tricycle sort of distracts from the overall Manliness of your post...Got us all wondering if its your Daily Driver? :laughing:

Thats a nice plate of goodies there!!! nice job but I think you can salvage that scoop. I dont know if I would use that kind for heavy rocks but even my Nuttall diamond head scoop needed repair after several years of abuse in rocks and that was heavy duty. Found a guy on Craigslist that did some quick repairs on my scoops and they are as good as new.

I have that same stealth scoop and I love it but I also have a couple of Stavrs. For your conditions maybe a Stavr would be a little stronger especially between the holes.

Nice finds George but I have no interest in one ... I got news for you... the Excal will always be my go to machine.. I do very well with my Excal when I find time to go hunting... if I got another machine it would be another pulse.

That’s exactly what I said before trying the equinox. The fact I sold my Excal and Deus and replaced them both with the nox should speak volumes. I’m tellin ya buddy, you don’t know what you’re missing. It’s really that good

That’s exactly what I said before trying the equinox. The fact I sold my Excal and Deus and replaced them both with the nox should speak volumes. I’m tellin ya buddy, you don’t know what you’re missing. It’s really that good

I know the excal like the back of my hand... I have no need nor want a nox... Im glad your happy with it.. I find gold often because i can read a beach so I don't meander around hoping to find something good...

let me give you another example... that dirt permission where I pulled 20 silver.. I brought a very good dirt hunter friend who hunts with the Deus and the Nox he found a couple pennies I missed with my MXT...

Kidding me Geo? Great results for a not perfect conditions hunt! Plus, busting up a Stealth has got to earn some respect! Nice! Although, that little pink tricycle sort of distracts from the overall Manliness of your post...Got us all wondering if its your Daily Driver? :laughing:

I get 70 miles to the gallon on that hog. Lol

Back
Top Bottom