A very small world indeed?

Doug

Elite Member
Three years ago my wife and I went to New York to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary.

This week our son and his wife went to New York to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Doug.

I'm a military veteran, RAF. (Royal Air Force)

eVyBvoy.jpg

Our son a serving Royal Navy (Fleet Air Arm) engineer of 35 years.
D0bkt7Z.jpg

That is neat !!!! :thumbsup:

(I can relate to aircraft carriers, I was on one as part of a fighter squadron back in the early 1970's, I worked on the electronics on the F4 jets aboard the USS Saratoga)

Aircraft carriers and landing on them tests you. The amount of what looks like nobody is running the show is one of the most amazing acts of teamwork anybody could witnesse. You got my respect!

God Bless them!

E-5 MP

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your kind comments.

Our two sons are 4th generation military with our youngest son serving 23 years on HM Submarines.

Just a little something I found at our local naval air station with keys still in the ignition ..........;)

kJN4L7d.jpg

Thank you for your kind comments.

Our two sons are 4th generation military with our youngest son serving 23 years on HM Submarines.

Just a little something I found at our local naval air station with keys still in the ignition ..........;)

kJN4L7d.jpg

…….."keys still in the ignition ?" ….maybe they'd let you take it for a test ride ? :takeoff: :laughing:

(I got to sit in the cockpit of the F4 jets with the equipment powered on to determine any faulty electronic equipment, of course I think I occasionally pretended as if I was a pilot :lol:)

I hope you took that Harrier for a ride! LOL!

To all our veterans here and abroad, thank you for your service!

Thank you.

"Founded in 1972, the Royal Navy Historic Flight, based at RNAS Yeovilton, has kept the Royal Navy’s aviation heritage in the public eye, displaying some of Britain’s most iconic naval aircraft, including the Swordfish, Sea Hawk, Sea Fury and Firefly to audiences of over 3 million people a year.

These historic aircraft are the golden thread linking the past with current operations and the future. Flying them at air shows and events brings history to life in a dynamic way showcasing the story of naval flying and the technological advances that have led the world."

Tl5WOnC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom