Andy Sabisch Equinox book

He had help from other experienced users, it has different recommended setups and much more. I’ll be ordering 1. Everyone that contributed got a free copy and credit in the book. Worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its WHY i ordered too!..lots of field input from other guys who have used it extensively!
definitely worth while, and all that experience in one little book? a " steal!" i'm just sayin'

(h.h!)
j.t.

I purchased the Sabisch book. Gonna read it as soon as I finish my CTX Sabisch book. I have owned that for 5 years with the last 2 being on the shelf but I'm learning things that I thought I already knew. The CTX book is worth its weight in dug pennies and I am assuming the Equinox book is too.

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.......hummmmmmm? This reads more like the Unfriendly Metal Detecting Forum. Maybe some of you should use private messages for grievances like this. Reading your Cross-Talk is not fun, friendly or particularly informative.

Jeff

So what is the feedback on Andy's book? Plenty of people chimed in to say they were ordering one across the forums. Nobody has offered a review. Worth the money? I got one coming out on how to use a shovel. A hint.....it's all about the foot placement. That's all I'll give away.

So what is the feedback on Andy's book? Plenty of people chimed in to say they were ordering one across the forums. Nobody has offered a review. Worth the money?

I ordered and looked through it. Seems legit. My nox 800 gets here Monday. Not much of a review.... :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.......hummmmmmm? This reads more like the Unfriendly Metal Detecting Forum. Maybe some of you should use private messages for grievances like this. Reading your Cross-Talk is not fun, friendly or particularly informative.

Jeff

I agree totally.

Hello All !

Just received my book TODAY ( June 1 , 2019 )

Looks AWESOME after very quick thumb - through !

Going to attempt ..... to dig into tomorrow ! :detector:

Bought Andy's book and I'm reading it, but haven't finished it yet. My personal opinion is that it's well written with good descriptions of the controls and their functions; how and why to make adjustments on the controls. It's organized well and helpful for anyone who has not made use of, or does not understand all the control settings and adjustments. There are good descriptions of the differences and relative values of the 600 and 800 controls. There is some Minelab advertising. Seller on the listed site is the Sabisch family, which is why you get a signed copy. Shipped quickly by priority mail. I am glad that I purchased the book, and satisfied with its content.

Bought Andy's book and I'm reading it, but haven't finished it yet. My personal opinion is that it's well written with good descriptions of the controls and their functions; how and why to make adjustments on the controls. It's organized well and helpful for anyone who has not made use of, or does not understand all the control settings and adjustments. There are good descriptions of the differences and relative values of the 600 and 800 controls. There is some Minelab advertising. Seller on the listed site is the Sabisch family, which is why you get a signed copy. Shipped quickly by priority mail. I am glad that I purchased the book, and satisfied with its content.

Finally a nice little review of the book. Thanks.

I also own the book, a very good book with lots of information, especially for those new to using a multi-freq detector and much more information than a stock users manual has.

So what is the feedback on Andy's book? Plenty of people chimed in to say they were ordering one across the forums. Nobody has offered a review. Worth the money? I got one coming out on how to use a shovel. A hint.....it's all about the foot placement. That's all I'll give away.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

That's great goodmore, I'm looking forward to getting a first edition signed copy of your expert guide to digging tools...hearing your take on the digger/shovel controversy...maybe an in-depth look at tang lengths and composition...serrated blades or not?...an inside look at the Lesche/Predator split...what exactly is chrome moly 4130 aircraft quality steel?...sharpening tool comparisons...the uses for folding pocket saws...digging tools and self-defense...etc

Your tome should fill up 172 pages like Sabisch's, hopefully I gave you a few new ideas to expound on. And don't forget to autograph every copy for your fanboys!:cool3:

As for the Sabisch book it's a worthwhile read and reference. I appreciate a book full of tips and techniques and I'm glad to support the author in exchange for some bits of previously unrealized knowledge. Some unnecessary fill, shill, finds pictures and Detecting 101, but at 172 pages there's still plenty of beyond basic info. As for the Equinox, I'm surprised how good it is straight out of the box. Turn it on, pick a mode, noise cancel and go :clapping:

as complicated as you want it to be

Is the Equinox so complicated a book is required?

No. however, the Equinox can be complicated. Reading all published information will certainly help use it's many configurable options.

it's very much a "turn on and go" detector but with options to work with (or challenge) for any skill level.

No. however, the Equinox can be complicated. Reading all published information will certainly help use it's many configurable options.

it's very much a "turn on and go" detector but with options to work with (or challenge) for any skill level.

Thanks

So is there a setting that when activated will detect rather than miss a target?

Other than that I'm not seeing what good comes from complicated settings.

Thanks

So is there a setting that when activated will detect rather than miss a target?

The complicated settings are not scary. Complicated isn't the right word.. but I cant think of a better one. The settings that you can play around with, are the ones that change the tone sounds, volumes, bins etc. Most days I just use Park 1 in 50 tones, turn up the volume, noise cancel, ground balance, and start swinging.

I just got finished sterilizing this thread... it took a while... this thread is about Andy Sabisch Equinox book...

I also removed all the quoted posts...

Is the Equinox so complicated a book is required?

No it is no complicated and can be a pickup and go. BUT, there are some great features about the machine to improve your skill with it. The manual doesn't tell you how to use it like a book does. Sabisch CTX book was definitely the best of all of them. If the Nox book is like the CTX book it is worth reading.

Thanks

Yes, you can easily silence/notch out tones anywhere from the low iron to the highest conductors.

With the NOX, the different search modes aren't just notching out different combinations of targets. It's actually changing the way the detector operates, the way it processes the information it gets, and how it reports it back to the user.

You can run in default park 1, noise cancel, ground balance, and toggle iron audio on/off and adjust sensitivity as you go. If you want, notch out certain tones. Without ever going beyond that setup it's as good or better than (due to multi frequency) most machines in typical parks and yards.

There are other settings that can turn it into a totally different machine. Somebody who knows the right settings for the conditions will find a few more good targets over the long run. Apply the wrong settings and you might not find as much as if you just stayed with default settings.

The manual does a nice job of describing what the various settings are and how to change them. But, it would be four times as long if it went into detail on the why, where, or when. Yes, beach mode is supposed to be for beaches, etc.... Park 2 is good for finding fine jewelry in dense shallow trash, etc...

Stray away from the preset search modes, or heavily modify them, and there are literally thousands of ways you can combine the different settings. The surprising thing is that Minelab didn't give the user more user profiles to save those settings and still have the default modes handy. The 600 has no user profile, so you can't simply toggle between Park 1 and your own version of Park 1. The 800 gives the user one user profile. It's almost as if they didn't want people to stray too far from the presets even though they gave them vast ability to do so......

In other words, people are interested in how-to books like this because they're looking for recommended settings and techniques for very specific conditions.

Back
Top Bottom