Free Tesoro Metal Detectors

All you need is one ring and a compadre is paid off!:lol:
My Ace 250 has paid itself many times over.
So has mt At pro
Need more to pay off my Noxy.

metaladdict,

How do you sell your metal detecting jewelry finds, (a) melt value from a foundry, (b) Jewelry stores or (c) sell direct to individuals ?

If all three, which one(s) seems to be the most profitable after deducting for S&H and any gas ?

To tell the truth, I've been metal detecting for 13½ years and while I've dug hundreds of coins and trash and a few pieces of costume Jewelry, I have never found a gold or silver ring, bracelet or necklace worth serious money, but I'm always hoping !

Thanks,
ToddB64

Looking back over the years I estimate that over 80% of my gold jewelry finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. I know for certain that my best finds have been made with Tesoro detectors. All of those Tesoro finds have easily paid for my Tesoro detectors many times over and have paid for a good part of all my latest and greatest high-tech detectors.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

beephead

My best find with the Laser Trident 1 (Tesoro Cibola's UK version) was some
years ago when I found a 1930's ladie's wrist watch full 14K gold (incl.band)
in England. With that find alone , the MD paid for itself. :waytogo:

Last edited:
My Compadre gave me 23 pieces of gold which paid for my Nox 800, 31" sampson serrated, and 6" coil.

So far, no gold w/ the NOX, because it's turning me into a high tones drifter....

Thats a valid point and area of concern for any Gold Hunters choosing a rig...The 'High Tones Drifter' syndrome....I wish I had tried a Tesoro Rig, never have...I started out with the F70 and thats all I'm using now...I set up on Delta Pitch and can hear everything from iron to silver but my focus is on the 'in between' gold signals...I couldnt click with the NOX, just too much HP for me to handle...I Never found no gold with it during Prime Time season no less...

...I bet my mind would adapt to a Tesoro...I like light weight and fast simple rigs....they seem to suit me..and they PERFORM!.

I might get back into the AtPro specifically for Water Gold hunting this Fall...Ones thing is for sure, our minds are all individually wired and process signals differently...add to that the various degredation of our hearing...So yeah..its a trick to match up a producing rig that seems to be a natural extension of a guys mind and body...Its absolutely wonderful when it happens...

Excellent comment Mud..I also enjoy and relate to the simple is ok, good, quite alright, and it's actually preferable for me personally. Like Beep, my best finds were also made with Tesoros.

Not to say other brands would not also perform but it does indeed come down to the detector you enjoy using and one that works for you personally. I had to dive in and go high tech to see what all the fuss was about so I jumped in with both feet and added a Deus 5.2 X35 and Etrac to my Tesoro stable.

Have I seen magic things happen and watched my good finds soar?? No, I haven't even though I do appreciate the new stuff and all the gee whiz things they do but If I had it to do over again? I wouldn't.

I've yet to see the magic bullet fly by that would come close to causing us to clean out the detector closet and cast those old fashioned things to the wind.

The difference between perception and reality also applies to metal detecting:D.

Last edited:
My Compadre gave me 23 pieces of gold which paid for my Nox 800, 31" sampson serrated, and 6" coil.

So far, no gold w/ the NOX, because it's turning me into a high tones drifter....

I did hit a platinum ring w/ the Nox - came in as a 7.... normally not an ID I would dig but I was at a soccer field looking for gold...

Compadre would be "good signal dig!" Sure, found more zinc cents and junk I imagine, but maybe high tones are my Achilles heal... Compadre is a better tot-lot detector too IMO. I'm still using my Nox for everything but tot-lots are easier w/ the Compadre honestly.

Yes, I'll dig 11's all day, but gold.... comes in lower #'s too....

Conundrum!

I better start digging those 7's. That is foil range on my 800.

Back
Top Bottom