Is the part where you plug headphones in water proof on the equinox 600?

nelsondetecting

I am getting an equinox in the mail on monday and i was wondering if i were to submerge it with no headphones or anything plugged in if it would cause any problems? and if so, what type of headphones would i need to stop this problem from happening?

No problems. Just make sure the protective cap is secure on the phone plug. Also make sure the coil plug is snug. A number of companies make waterproof phones for the Nox. DON'T USE THE FACTORY 600 phone in the water they and the plug AREN'T waterproof. And leakage is warranty covered if you do your part. (3 years) I used my 600 for the first time in the water this last weekend, NO problem. A piece of kids swimming noodle between the handle and the arm rest will make it float and easy to see. HH, Minlooker.

Bottom of page 58 of the Equinox manual:

Headphone Socket Submersion
The headphone socket on the detector is waterproof, and will not be damaged if submerged without the plastic dust-cap attached. However, if water enters the headphone jack it may cause false headphone detection. If this occurs, the detector speaker audio will cease and the headphones icon will appear on the LCD. Resolve this by clearing the water from the headphones socket.

Back
Top Bottom