What does everyone do for a living?

I am an IRS agent. I've been monitoring the boards, taking note of all the great finds being made. Now that it's April 19, I'll have my hands full looking at certain people's return. :shock: :shock:

J/K :lol:

Ahhh... that explains the bag, Rude. :lol:
Ooops...!
I jus' realized... that post is on page 13 and this is on 22. How far behind am I??? :shock:

Field mechanic working in the oil fields in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska!...

You might work with some of my fellow employees from Schlumberger out there in Deadhorse
thinking.gif

That's a coincidence. I worked for SLB for a few years, though not in the oilfield side of the business.

Me neither, I work for a company they own, WesternGeco, doing seismic surveying. Thought I was technically hired by Schlumberger, my paychecks come from WesternGeco.

Me neither, I work for a company they own, WesternGeco, doing seismic surveying. Thought I was technically hired by Schlumberger, my paychecks come from WesternGeco.

Yeah, I heard of WesternGeco. I was with SLB's ATE Division until they spawned us off.

I am a mathematics facilitator at the local university. I hold workshops for Intermediate Algebra students that have fallen below 75% in their mathematics class. Last semester I had 94 students in workshops, Fall semester I may have upwards of 180 students.

I was a professional student, but after reaching the decade mark (read: graduated) I have decided to retire to a life of unemployment. I will blaze a new chapter into my life as I experience the wonders it has to offer such as being broke, living on instant noodles, and crapping something awful from eating pure processed junk. If I grow tired of this then I will finish this chapter but finding a job where it resembles unemployment (leisure-wise). Other than that I have held no real professions until now... :lol:

-Pete

I am a mathematics facilitator at the local university. I hold workshops for Intermediate Algebra students that have fallen below 75% in their mathematics class. Last semester I had 94 students in workshops, Fall semester I may have upwards of 180 students.

Hi Genienut,

I've heard of visiting professors, guest lecturers, Graduate student assistants,... but never a facilitator. Is that common now a days?

Anyway, do you have a favorite branch of mathematics?

Hi Genienut,

I've heard of visiting professors, guest lecturers, Graduate student assistants,... but never a facilitator. Is that common now a days?

Anyway, do you have a favorite branch of mathematics?
I work with a program that was developed at our university about 15 years ago. It is called Structured Learning Assistance (SLA). Take your pick here: I am an underpaid teacher or an overpaid tutor!:roll:

Personally I enjoy all mathematics.
Professionally, I absolutely love to facilitate Beginning and Advanced algebra. If Trigonometry were part of our SLA offerings, I would do those as well.

I work with a program that was developed at our university about 15 years ago. It is called Structured Learning Assistance (SLA). Take your pick here: I am an underpaid teacher or an overpaid tutor!:roll:

Personally I enjoy all mathematics.
Professionally, I absolutely love to facilitate Beginning and Advanced algebra. If Trigonometry were part of our SLA offerings, I would do those as well.

That's an interesting program (I googled it). A good way to help those students that are having a bit of problem. I always liked math, but my son is the real mathematician in the family. ;) He is into operator theory and analysis.:?:

me too...:?:

pffff, Math geeks
rolleyes.gif

Sadly, my Aunt majored in Math at Virginia Tech and Kent State, and me... well I never majored in it, but I did take a UCONN Calculus course in HS. I like computer programming because of the logic, math is the same way
waytogo.gif

Back
Top Bottom