am I supposed to abandon this forum?

Which forum is gonna be for sale soon? Eenie meanie minee mo....catch a silver Washington by the toe....

2 forums seems silly to me regardless of the all the 'great reasons'.

But hey, I'm just a dumb ol' detectorist and I don't have a pony in the show. Just glad to have a site that has nice people and cool finds posted.

It's like a asking your kids which parent they want to live with after a divorce. I belong to a few forums, but each is geared towards a different interest or sector of the workforce. When I belonged to three forums geared towards members of the media, I eventually spent 99% of my time one site and all but abandoned the other two.

Sorry....but I'm going to pick one and stick with it (or maybe a new third site).

Time will tell.

I'm not moving to another forum. That's kind of rediculous honestly. I don't plan on selling anything or buying from any other members so no real point. I've been apart of other forums that tried this same similiar thing just a different hobby. It didn't work out for either the new or old forum. I say stick with what you have and like. If its not broke don't try to fix it. My opinion doesn't matter much anyway I guess. Only been here for 4 months but I've been an active member at least.

I'm not moving to another forum. That's kind of rediculous honestly. I don't plan on selling anything or buying from any other members so no real point. I've been apart of other forums that tried this same similiar thing just a different hobby. It didn't work out for either the new or old forum. I say stick with what you have and like. If its not broke don't try to fix it. My opinion doesn't matter much anyway I guess. Only been here for 4 months but I've been an active member at least.

4 months and 600+ posts. That's pretty impressive. Single person are you? :D

Was 4 months of winter.

Exactly. And I hunt just about every day. So I share my finds and look around a lot at all the other pa members posts. I Also a night owl and it keeps me busy.

Either way what does my relationship status have to do with anything? Flyerdog?

Just for the record, your opinions do matter and I plan to do a poll later on (tomorrow), what most members decide is what we'll do. Majority wins. I want to offer some options for the classifieds and everything else forums, sort of a spring clean up if you wish. Maybe add some subforums, update the rules, or remove altogether. Your choice.

As far as the other forum, well, I've been told before that this one has no chance, or doing this or that is just not going to work etc, so I will take my chances and time will tell. Its something I can toy with without messing up this one, test some features, options, if proved successful implement them here.

There is a reason to my madness but perhaps you are seeing the different reasons behind it?

Non are for sale, if that is your concern, though I have received some generous offers in the past.

I do t know what the powers that be are doing. In my opinion they are ruining this forum. I like THIS metal detecting forum. Why did they start a new one and why do we have to build rep up all over again? It just makes no sense to me to try and start another forum when this one is awesome.

Whoa! The tail can't wag the dog here It's their forum. They went thru the blood sweat and tears (well maybe not blood) to make this forum what it is. it was hijacked once and they got it back to what it is. Thru the years they made all kinds of decisions that made this an enjoyable place to visit. Now all of a sudden they don't know what they're doing? Trying to ruin their own forum? I don't think so. I can't imagine how much it must pain them to read so many ungrateful rumblings after all their hard work. We're in their kitchen, let's let them do the cooking.

Well, I'm new and I love this site, I have not been to the classifieds here yet, at least I can't remember going there. Anyway, I just checked out Liberty and there was about 13 people there, There are almost two hundred here...hmmmmmm? This site will be here for a while it seems..
I will go wherever everyone goes...Change can be good. (Sometimes)
HH

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are hung up on the classifieds... you'd think you came here to buy and sell rather than share the hobby with your peers :roll:

Give Liberty a try I like it. It cracks me up to see there is a division/compition forming - same owners, same people, same hobby .... :?: :?:

I'm honestly surprised at how many people are hung up on the classifieds... you'd think you came here to buy and sell rather than share the hobby with your peers :roll:

That is kinda the point.....I initially did come here looking to buy. Had there not been a classified section, I'd still be browsing FTF.

A lot of users do browse them every single day.

That is kinda the point......

But really it's not the point, that's not the point of this forum... that's what the owners are trying to express. The site didn't amass the following it does now because we added Classifieds. And to think that would break the forum is a crying shame.

For me it's not really about the classifieds, it just seems like taking a full glass and pouring half into another glass. You know, one party with 100 people or two parties with 50 people? I realize that choice is good but as just a regular member who likes to post and read about peoples' finds which forum should I be posting on or checking? It seems now that each will only have half as much stuff going on (and half as much content). "What am I missing over there?" kind of thing... And I, probably like most people, would find it annoying to double-post everything at two places. Maybe I am missing the whole point but if I owned a forum and wanted to try cool, new ideas I would probably just try them on the forum I already had...and keep them or reject them as needed. But hey, I don't own any forums so whatever! :D:D:D Again, if the intent is to have everybody eventually move over then I totally understand...but why have two metal detecting forums with (mostly) the same user base? Why would experimenting with different features here 'mess up' this forum?

For me it's not really about the classifieds, it just seems like taking a full glass and pouring half into another glass. You know, one party with 100 people or two parties with 50 people? I realize that choice is good but as just a regular member who likes to post and read about peoples' finds which forum should I be posting on or checking? It seems now that each will only have half as much stuff going on (and half as much content). "What am I missing over there?" kind of thing... And I, probably like most people, would find it annoying to double-post everything at two places. Maybe I am missing the whole point but if I owned a forum and wanted to try cool, new ideas I would probably just try them on the forum I already had...and keep them or reject them as needed. But hey, I don't own any forums so whatever! :D:D:D Again, if the intent is to have everybody eventually move over then I totally understand...but why have two metal detecting forums with (mostly) the same user base? Why would experimenting with different features here 'mess up' this forum?

Let me add my two cents here Stewart... Carol and Vlad have always wanted to keep this forum different than all the rest out there. They wanted and have a very successful forum because its main focus is metal detecting which it should be in my opinion...

There are many forums out there that you need to scroll and scroll on because they are loaded up with extra subforums... I can easily post on those forums but I prefer the compact forum here...

Carol and Vlad listen to the members when they request certain things and they started the other forum for all the members who want the extra features... as Vlad has said those members who like it here stay here... those members who want the extra features can now have them at Liberty... I have them both on my desktop so all it takes is a simple click plus a second or two and I am on either...

This forums original purpose was to help the new member just starting out in the hobby and it has grown by leaps and bounds... its a great forum and has great members... there is plenty of room on the net for another forum and its my belief both will flourish...

Back
Top Bottom