1804 drapped bust half cent

Amazing find!!!! How did you clean that coin its absolutely gorgeous? Thanks.

Slabbed.. problem free up to $150 at F12..same grade details but environmentally damaged..then eBay might surprise you..75 to 100 perhaps..could grade out higher or lower though restored..hard to guess the details by the pictures

Amazing find!!!! How did you clean that coin its absolutely gorgeous? Thanks.
actually i just lightly brushed the dirt from it when i found it ,and thats it then used renaissance wax on it just got lucky and the ground was kind to the coin

Killer find man, great job!
thanks alot Zee

Slabbed.. problem free up to $150 at F12..same grade details but environmentally damaged..then eBay might surprise you..75 to 100 perhaps..could grade out higher or lower though restored..hard to guess the details by the pictures
thanks very much joe appreciate your help and feedback

I think I have a misprint in my coin book red book ..or looked at an 1805 maybe
..cuz I believe that coin may be worth thousands..I'm not home..will double check at home.. but Google the value..cuz you really scored..don't try to do anything more to it.. I apologise for my mistake..get it restored and graded..huge congratulations

Man.. I apologise.. I don't know what coin I first looked up in my 2019 red book..but I'm home now looking at it..it's one of three things..a fake..an original..or a restrike..I'll quote the red book..A restrike 1804 was manufactured from discarded mint dies. An altered 1803 die was used for the obverse and a die of the 1820 cent was used for the reverse. They were struck circa 1860 to satisfy the demand for this rare date. Known as the "restrike", the product actually is a combination of two unrelated dies and cannot be confused with the genuine...further written.."All genuine 1804 cents have a crosslet 4 in date and a large fraction. The 0 in the date is in line with the O in OF on reverse

IMG_20190210_161613268.jpg

Wow..my meds must really be messing me up..now I know my mistake..first I looked up a half cent..then I was looking at a large cent.. I was giving you the correct info in my first post ..discard the rest..my sincere apologies.. I'll go hide back under the rock I crawled out from...

Congratulations on an exceptional find! What a neat piece of history. :woot:

I think I have a misprint in my coin book red book ..or looked at an 1805 maybe
..cuz I believe that coin may be worth thousands..I'm not home..will double check at home.. but Google the value..cuz you really scored..don't try to do anything more to it.. I apologise for my mistake..get it restored and graded..huge congratulations
thanks for your research on the coin appreciate it joe

Man.. I apologise.. I don't know what coin I first looked up in my 2019 red book..but I'm home now looking at it..it's one of three things..a fake..an original..or a restrike..I'll quote the red book..A restrike 1804 was manufactured from discarded mint dies. An altered 1803 die was used for the obverse and a die of the 1820 cent was used for the reverse. They were struck circa 1860 to satisfy the demand for this rare date. Known as the "restrike", the product actually is a combination of two unrelated dies and cannot be confused with the genuine...further written.."All genuine 1804 cents have a crosslet 4 in date and a large fraction. The 0 in the date is in line with the O in OF on reverse
thanks very much again

cool ty

Wow..my meds must really be messing me up..now I know my mistake..first I looked up a half cent..then I was looking at a large cent.. I was giving you the correct info in my first post ..discard the rest..my sincere apologies.. I'll go hide back under the rock I crawled out from...
its all good buddy thanks very much for everything:D

Congratulations on an exceptional find! What a neat piece of history. :woot:
thank you princess im very happy with this find :D

Man, that is a sweet one. Like most others posting here, I've only ever found one. An 1825 out of roughly 140 ish largies.

That's cause you have to turn the dial off of gold coin mode Tom. Then the big coppers will start rolling in... least that's what I try to tell myself.

Always a fun find, way to go! I'm impressed at the condition too, coppers at this time are getting really ratty since they are 200+ years old, kudo's to you!

Back
Top Bottom