• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Dime Grand Slam, 13 More Silver's

jack&jill

Elite Member
I wasn't going to post this report this soon but the weather here has turned disastrous for us upper Midwestern boys. High temps today are about twenty with single digit's for our nights. And yes the ground is covered in White. This conditions are to stay into next week. Only got out for two hunts since my last report but both were what I consider great outings. Both hunts were at the site IDX Monster and I have hit hard this fall and had some great success at. Oh and I am still on a Silver Coin run of Dime's. On my last outing with the bad weather in the forecast I decided to take my camera off the tripod and take it in the field for that hunt. I did this for fear this may be the last outing of the year. So a bit of a change up as I did get some pretty nice pictures of my finds as they happened. I did screw up a couple of shots of reveals where I was shaking to much to hold the camera still. The first outing was earlier in the week and I did dig 4 Merc's and 2 Rosie's along with 16 Wheat's. The coins were all very deep but the 17in. coil on the CTX was true to form, telling me they were there. On Saturday's hunt things started well with Wheat's in the first 2 holes. The third dig was a pair of Merc's on the bottom of the hole in the loose dirt. Was only about 10 or 15 minutes later got another consistent soft peeper that gave me my third Merc. About a half hour later I dug my 4th Merc and it was again at the bottom of a 10 in hole sticking out of the side wall. The reveals are the two pictures I messed up but have the pic's before the dirt is removed. Things really slow for the next couple of hours as I only added a couple more What's to the coffers. At this point I was covering a lot of ground that had been covered before. I finally got a really weak signal but repeated from two angles. At 11in. on the machine I dug a very deep plug and then a few shovels of dirt from the holes bottom. This Silver coin was a surprise as the oldest coins we have dug here were 20's Merc's or Stander's. My fifth silver of the day was a worn Barber. Not a lot happened for the next hour or so with adding a bit of clad and a Wheat or two. Number 6 was a short but solid signal at on 7 inches. Thought I had a deep clad Quarter with the signal I was getting. Well the plug showed the edge of a Silver Coin. The reveal showed a 43 Canadian Dime and my trifecta. After some more clad and Wheat's I added Silver 7 and this one was Rosie, giving me a odd Silver Dime Grand Slam. The 13 Silver's now have the count for the year at 218. I now have a Silver string of 28 straight Dimes covering my last 8 outings. Lots of pictures I hope you enjoy. The last hunt also produced just enough clad to allow me to reach the $300 plateau FTY. I can only hope this is on to the next but time will tell. Trapper

Attachments

• 11-05-19 1 .jpg
    11-05-19 1 .jpg
    106 KB · Views: 704
  • 11-05-19 .jpg
    11-05-19 .jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 683
  • 11-09-19 #1 .jpg
    11-09-19 #1 .jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 616
  • 11-09-19 #2 .jpg
    11-09-19 #2 .jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 596
  • 11-09-19 #3 .jpg
    11-09-19 #3 .jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 609
  • 11-09-19 #4 .jpg
    11-09-19 #4 .jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 595
  • 11-09-19 #5 .jpg
    11-09-19 #5 .jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 589
  • 11-09-19 #5 1 .jpg
    11-09-19 #5 1 .jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 596
  • 11-09-19 #6 .jpg
    11-09-19 #6 .jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 592
  • 11-09-19 #6 1 .jpg
    11-09-19 #6 1 .jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 590
  • 11-09-19 #7 .jpg
    11-09-19 #7 .jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 633
  • 11-09-19 #7 1 .jpg
    11-09-19 #7 1 .jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 571
  • 11-09-19 .jpg
    11-09-19 .jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 11-09-19 1 .jpg
    11-09-19 1 .jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 618
Congrats again, Trapper... you have a nice streak of silver dimes going! Congrats especially on the Barber dime, as well as the $300 in clad. :grin:

Trapper, you have earned the "Blue Ribbon" award for that great assortment of silvers. That's a hard assortment to beat. I especially like that Barber. Congrats!

Last edited:
Were gonna have to talk about this later mister. About 7-ish tonight...
Works for me Kevin. The last non Silver I dug was that Walker with you. Since 28 straight Dime's. Trapper
Congrats again, Trapper... you have a nice streak of silver dimes going! Congrats especially on the Barber dime, as well as the $300 in clad. :grin:
Thank you Chelsea. It has bee a fantastic last month of hunting, 46 Silver coins since the 12th of October plus over well over a hundred Wheat's. Trapper
Congrats on the really neat finds, Trapper! Cool grand slam, too. :woot:
Thank you Garrett for your reply. The Grand Slam is a bit odd with the Canadian Dime but I'll take it. Things have been going so well that I hate that the weather made its appearance. Trapper

Congrats on all of the great finds!!! You have over 300 in silver coin face value lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTG Trapper, Congratulations. We are going to nominate you for the Poster Child of the CTX3030. Just like you , ITS A BEAST.

Love the in shih tzu pics!
Thank you Sir for your reply. I appreciate the comments on the pictures, I should have put the camera back on the tripod to get the finished one. To me they seem a bit blurry. Trapper
Trapper, you have earned the "Blue Ribbon" award for that great assortment of silvers. That's a hard assortment to beat. I especially like that Barber. Congrats!
Thank you John. I thought maybe the "blue ribbon was to tie around my fingers as they sure got cold early in that hunt before it warmed up a bit. That Barber really made me happy as it was the first found at that site. Trapper
Wow, thats some great digging? All from public ground?
Appreciate your reply Jerry, thank you. Yes the grounds are public but they were off limits during the ball season. It has been very surprising as I never expected that those grounds would have now produced over 60 Silver Coins. Trapper

I wasn't going to post this report this soon but the weather here has turned disastrous for us upper Midwestern boys. High temps today are about twenty with single digit's for our nights. And yes the ground is covered in White. ....

Well this ends the LC and colonial copper posts from you poor guys in the snow-belt states ! :D Where I'm at, if it ever dropped into the 20s (even at night), that would make front page news ! And as for snow: About once every 30 yrs. or so, we might get a sprinkling of snow that stays for 30 min., before melting. Puddles never freeze over, etc.... We've got it rough here !

I love your in-situ reveal photos ! :signals:

Congrats!

Nice silver dime run. Enjoy reading your posts. Like the in situ coin shots. Lots of white stuff in my neck of the woods. Happy Hunting

Very nice Trapper, that is one heck of a lot of dimes in a row! Cold rain here today so hope later in the week to get out, perhaps Friday or Saturday if there is decent weather, hope you can detect a bit longer too!

Congrats on all of the great finds!!! You have over 300 in silver coin face value lol!
Appreciate your reply Vic, thank you. I never thought about actual face value of my silver but you are probably about right with that guess. Trapper
WTG Trapper, Congratulations. We are going to nominate you for the Poster Child of the CTX3030. Just like you , ITS A BEAST.
Thank you Jerry for your kind words. The wife says my face belongs on a poster but I don't think she has the same idea of what kind. The CTX has been preform extremely well for me, I have no complaints. Trapper
Another fantastic hunt …..WTG Trapper.
Thank you. Was a couple of hunts Ed and both were very good the second one thou really had me cooking my spirits. I don't recall ever having a Grand Slam before this one. Trapper

I'm thinking you have "locked on" to a secret underlayer that most of us cannot "see". Like a lost realm that one can only enter if they truly believe...and persist. Those deep dimes of many designs have been there the whole time, relatively safe in their underlayer realm; until you have discovered them with your earned ability to reach them, and persistent search to find them.
So, yeah, great report Trapper! Love the dirt shots; especially the ones where we can only see some silver rim showing! That's the stuff, right there!

Well this ends the LC and colonial copper posts from you poor guys in the snow-belt states ! :D Where I'm at, if it ever dropped into the 20s (even at night), that would make front page news ! And as for snow: About once every 30 yrs. or so, we might get a sprinkling of snow that stays for 30 min., before melting. Puddles never freeze over, etc.... We've got it rough here !

I love your in-situ reveal photos ! :signals:
Thank you Tom for your reply. I truly appreciate the photo comment. Taking along extras is not usually a joy for me but with the weather forecast being so negative and the thought of the possibility of this being the last hunt of the year I felt having some reinforced memories would be a good thing. I could not imagine living in a paradise without four seasons. While as age is here I am not a fan of the cold and snows of Winter, still it does have its own beauty. In younger times it contained continuous activity for me. Not so much these days.:no: Tough adventure getting old. Trapper
Great job on all the silver trap. And the clad. I forgot to ask ya on the phone how is the wife recovering?
Thank you Mike. Was hoping the season would extend for a few more weeks so I could add to the totals a bit. Nice to ask about the wife. She is recovering. Getting around much better but still needed to not over do it. Still a pretty nasty swelling and a healthy hitch in her gallop, Trapper
Nice silver dime run. Enjoy reading your posts. Like the in situ coin shots. Lots of white stuff in my neck of the woods. Happy Hunting
Thank you Jonny. I was hoping that I have a few more opportunities to add a another report or two yet this year but as the weather stands like it is, it may not happen. Appreciated the comments on the photos. My cheap phone does not take good pictures and carrying a camera is not my usual thing. I do like the in situ's but I messed up two reveals not holding the camera steady enough. The finish pictures suffered a bit as I normally take those with the tripod but did not reset it back up. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom