Man you have to love those Coinstar Machines!!!!

Paulb

My Wife took all my loose change from the ashtray of my truck into the local Krogers to deposit in one of those Coinstar Machines.Well the thing said for her to get assistance so she had the lady from the counter help her.The Lady opened up the machine and there was a ton of change laying there.She told the lady it wasn't hers(DOH) because there was big coins and coins she hasn't ever seen in there.Was the lady said the must be hers and handed them to her.She called me on my cell phone to tell me and I told her to bring them out.Well here is what was included:
1 large 1978 silver dollar
1 canadian dollar
1 susan b anthony dollar
1 2 franc coin
3 canadian quarters
1 coin that says"repvbblica italiana around the rim but it is silver with a gold colored coin in the middle of it(weird) and says L.500 on the reverse.
1 canadian nickle
1 1968 dime
1 1/2 franc
1 canadian dime
1 repliblica de venezuela 5 centimos
1 bundesrepublik deutschland 1 pfennic

man this was an awesome find and my 5 year old son loves them.LOL.Well happy hunting to all.

WOW :shock: :P :yes: :wow: :D

Congrats. Have your wife do it again a month from now when a different clerk is working :)

I probably shouldnt tell anyone this but those things have been a foundation for my kids collge money.

every time I see one I check the rejected coin bin and I always get some foreign coins and even some silver that people forget to check out....

I want to meet the guys who owns one and get pernission to search it for old coins!!!!!

I tell yah im the same way motor every time i walk by one i look in the change slot thing . one day got 4 bucks in change which was "lunch", and others have gotten some nice older coins , since as we all know they reject silver .

On a drive to Florida a few weeks ago, I made a point of checking coin slots at vending & newspaper machines at rest areas. I wound up with over $2.00 just at one stop.

Strange how often people don't remember to get their change after they buy a newspaper or can of soda.

Yesterday I checked the Coin star machine at one of our local grocery stores early in the morning. There was a 1999 nickel in it and I pulled it out. The very first time I've every found anything in one.

Trudy

Makes me just want to walk up and ask the store manager if i can look inside it :lol: i will definitely have to start checking the trays for coins...are they at the top or at the bottom slot?

Edemus like your kitty My oldest son and his wife have to cats they are coming home this weekend cant wait to show them yours :lol:

Your wife did real good. You should take her out to a nice restaurant for a job well done. I check the coinstar every chanc that I get. Sometimes good & sometimes bad.

def nice find! I tend to steer clear of putting my own change in there because the one in my grocery store takes 11%

it reminds me of when i got started coin collecting, I used to go the the bank and "buy" $50 in pennies and nickels to look through at home. sure would keep me busy for a few hours, plus i got a few nice US MINT cloth sacks they gave me to take my change home in :D

Thank you for the idea! After reading your post I check out the Coinstar machines I see in the food stores. So far out of 3 machines I found a dime and a 1935 wheat penny!!!

JC

I probably shouldnt tell anyone this but those things have been a foundation for my kids collge money.

every time I see one I check the rejected coin bin and I always get some foreign coins and even some silver that people forget to check out....

I want to meet the guys who owns one and get pernission to search it for old coins!!!!!

here is a way to get in one

they get pissed when you do it.just carry around a hundred of the nicer zinkons you dug.locks up machine then you get all the goodies inside because they must be yours:lol:Now i never did this on purpose.But i always seem to miss a few crappy ones and get some cool freebees.

I just came back from my banks coin machine and found 2 dollars in change left in the bottom pipe that feeds the coin return. The pipe was bent up a little to catch change that doesn't fall into the coin return. One usa dollar and some clad but free. Worth checking out.

Proof 1/2 Dollars

Was at the bank about 5 month ago and looked in the tellers change bin and
my eye's caught the shine of FIVE Proof Eisenhower half dollar all S mint marks.. laid out a five took those home and cased them.

Back
Top Bottom